Copyright, Trademark, and Disclaimer Notices
Effective June 7, 2009
The materials available through this website and other websites owned or provided by CenturyLink (individually and collectively, the "Website") are the property of CenturyLink (the "Company") or their licensors, and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You may view, copy and print pages from the Website only (1) for personal use, provided that you maintain all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights or notices, (2) as a personal shopping resource, (3) for communicating with Company about a company product or service, or (4) for placing an order with Company. You may not otherwise use, reproduce, download, store, post, broadcast, transmit, modify, sell or make available to the public content from the Website without the prior written approval of Company.
The name CenturyLink and its logo are trademarks of CenturyLink, Inc. The names of other companies, products and services may be the property of their respective owners.
LINKING TO THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT
Company is committed to providing world-class telecommunication products and services to its customers. To ensure that information regarding its products and services is communicated accurately to the public, Company asks that you adhere to the following linking guidelines:
- Company does not object to hyperlinking to the home page of the Website unless the hyperlinks dilute or tarnish the Company's trade names or trademarks or for another company's professional gain;
- Company does not approve of any deep linking. Do not bypass the home page of the Website to deep link to interior web pages;
- Company does not approve of inline linking or framing. Do not import content from the Website or link to images on servers on which the Website is hosted for the purpose of placing the content or images on any other web pages or sites; and
- Company does not approve of remote linking. Do not hyperlink any Website to sites that contain infringing or illegal content that could make Company susceptible to criminal prosecution or civil litigation in the United States or in a foreign venue.
DIGITAL MILLENIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
Company respects the intellectual property rights of others and is committed to complying with U.S. copyright laws, including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 ("DMCA"). Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate, in appropriate circumstances, the service of users whose accounts are repeatedly implicated in allegations of copyright infringement involving the use of Company's network. If you believe that any activity on Company's network, including the posting of material on the Website, violates your copyrights, please submit a notification pursuant to the DMCA by providing the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
NOTE: The Copyright Agent should only be contacted with respect to copyright-infringement matters. The Copyright Agent will not respond to general inquiries.
The Copyright Agent(s) for Company may be reached as follows:
5454 West 110th Street
Overland Park, Kansas 66211
By fax: 913-397-3427
By email: DMCA@centurylink.com
COUNTER NOTIFICATION TO CLAIMED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If a copyright infringement notice has been wrongly filed against you as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material, you may file a counter notification with our Copyright Agent. The counter notification must provide the following information:
- Physical or electronic signature of the subscriber;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification;
- The subscriber's name, address, telephone number and email address, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.