Achieve business agility with pay-as-you-go IT resources on-demand
Your business depends on new market opportunities, and you can't afford to wait until your IT infrastructure is ready to pursue them. Today's highly complex data center solutions can take months to bring online-not including the time required to get capital expense approvals or access to the necessary IT resources. Once a project is complete, the on-premises investments that supported it can become sunk costs or drain ongoing maintenance resources. Virtual Private Data Center (VPDC) lets you tap into high-performance servers, storage, and security on-demand without the need to buy, provision, manage, and maintain your own equipment.
Virtual Private Data Center Features
- Fast, self-service data center provisioning via web-based drag-and-drop topology designer or application programming interface (API)
- Multi-tiered service profiles with policy enforcement
- Enterprise-grade security, platform redundancy, and high-performance information lifecycle management (ILM) storage
- Massive scalability for all data center services
- Rapid application deployment through a managed, virtualized hosting environment
- Performance to support fluctuating demand through a tightly-coupled, secure low-latency distribution network
- High availability via a complete, end-to-end, Quality of Service (QoS) enabled solution
- Total platform-level redundancy at all levels of infrastructure
- 24/7/365 proactive monitoring, alerts, and support
Virtual Private Data Center Benefits
- Accelerated time to market-deploy new applications and services
- Lowered costs with right-sized IT resources
- Reduced risk with a secure, fully redundant, enterprise-grade cloud solution
How Virtual Private Data Center Works
VPDC provides a virtual data center inside a shared cloud. The VPDC portal is a simple, Web-based drag-and-drop interface designer, integrated into the VPDC portal. This portal provides you with self-service access to data center creation, configuration and ongoing management. The system provides access to a rich suite of data center services, including virtual hosts with a selection of pre-loaded operating systems such as Microsoft Windows® and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, virtual security appliances such as firewalls, utilities such as load balancers and virtual storage devices. You simply drag and drop your desired objects onto a designer palette, configure custom parameters such as host names and storage pool sizes, and activate and deploy the data center when complete.
- Not available
Connect with CenturyLink
We're here to help!
- Contact Us