Get the Bandwidth You Need at a Price You Can Afford with Optical Wavelength Service & Optical Networks
Due to the rapid growth of the Internet, applications, centralized architecture and e-business, it seems you can never have enough bandwidth. Optical Wavelength Service is a fully managed, private, point-to-point service delivered over a state-of-the-art dense wave division multiplexing (DWDM) network. The solution provides your large enterprise with the dedicated broadband transport network connectivity you need without capital outlay or the responsibility of owning and operating network infrastructure. Designed to offer redundancy, Optical Wavelength Service can protect your network against unexpected failures.
Optical Wavelength Features
- Custom solutions delivered via CenturyLink's award-winning AdaptiveBuild process ensure the highest level of security and performance to support mission-critical applications
- Point-to-point fully-managed optical wavelength service
- State-of-the-art DWDM network technology
- Long-haul and metro service connectivity
- Among industry leading SLAs
- Custom routing to meet unique diversity and disaster recovery requirements
- Low latency
- Unprotected or protected service options
- Monitored 24/7 network control center includes fault management of network transport alarms, surveillance, dispatch and fix verification/tracking
Optical Wavelength Benefits
Beyond the peace of mind that comes with knowing your network is extremely reliable, Optical Wavelength Service offers a comprehensive communications solution that includes these benefits:
- Provides greater visibility and control of your broadband services for more effective network management
- Allows you to focus on your core competencies, relieving the burden of network management via privately-owned fiber and repeater stations
- Reduces the financial expenditure of network ownership and preserves capital resources
- Meets disaster recovery requirements
How Optical Wavelength Service Works
CenturyLink uses state-of-the-art DWDM technology that enables several streams of digital information to be put on different wavelengths of light, eliminating interference with one another. This allows transport of up to 96 channels in a single strand of fiber and translates into higher capacity and lower cost.
- Not available
Connect with CenturyLink
We're here to help!
- Contact Us