Get more out of your communications network.
For a boost in network application performance and increase in network flexibility, choose CenturyLink® Metro Ethernet service and enjoy seamless integration across business applications.
CenturyLink Metro Ethernet service combines the power of Ethernet and optical technologies across metro-/wide-area network (MAN/WAN) to deliver low cost, scalable, and secure bandwidth. With copper1 and fiber networks providing native Ethernet service, CenturyLink Metro Ethernet service offers flexibility while simultaneously decreasing costs, as compared to carrying an equivalent bandwidth on traditional synchronous optical network (SONET)-based networks. This allows you to upgrade and increase speeds quickly to meet your growing bandwidth needs. CenturyLink Metro Ethernet also provides local area network (LAN)-to-LAN connectivity between two or more customer locations within a metro area.
Metro Ethernet Service Features
- Point-to-point and multipoint service configurations to connect multiple business locations within a metro area
- Bandwidth options from 3Mbps to 1Gbps; up to 10Gbps on an individual case basis (Some speeds may not be available in your area)
- Three classes of service to prioritize traffic
- Strong network footprint with service in 35 states
- Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) compliant carrier-grade Service
- CenturyLink solution engineers to design optimum and cost-effective solutions for your specific needs
- Experienced and highly trained service managers
- 24/7/365 Network Operations Center (NOC) support
- Secure and reliable connectivity backed by service level agreements (SLA)
Benefits of CenturyLink Metro Ethernet
- Enhance productivity by enabling virtual work groups (branch offices, remote locations, etc.) across a metropolitan area.
- Reduce total cost of ownership by eliminating the need for specialized WAN support, using lower-cost switches and routers, and consolidating server/facilities
- Increase flexibility with scalable bandwidth increments that allow you to pay only for what you need now and easily as your needs change.
- Upgrade easily with quick turnaround; your service can typically be up and running in as little as four business days after service order and acceptance
1 Subject to availability