Improve on Your Mission-Critical Application Performance and Operational Efficiencies
Are you getting the most out of your communications network? For a boost in network application performance and increase in network flexibility, choose CenturyLink™ Metro Ethernet service and enjoy seamless integration across business applications.
CenturyLink Metro Ethernet service combines the power of Ethernet and optical technologies across metropolitan area/wide area network (MAN/WAN) to deliver low cost, scalable, and secure bandwidth. With copper1 and fiber networks providing native Ethernet service, CenturyLink Metro Ethernet service offers flexibility while simultaneously decreasing costs, as compared to carrying an equivalent bandwidth on traditional synchronous optical network (SONET)-based networks. This allows you to upgrade and increase speeds quickly to meet your growing bandwidth needs. CenturyLink Metro Ethernet also provides local area network (LAN)-to-LAN connectivity between two or more customer locations within a metro area.
Metro Ethernet Service Features
- Point-to-point and multipoint service configurations
- Bandwidth options from 3 Mbps to 1 Gbps (in select markets)
- Secure and reliable service, with service level agreement (SLA) goals of 99.9% availability with quality of service (QoS) feature
- Incremental bandwidth options in 10 Mbps and 100 Mbps increments on 10/100 Mbps and 1000 Mbps interfaces, respectively
- 150 Mbps option (select markets only)
- A completely meshed native Metro Ethernet network
- QoS is an option that provides four ways to prioritize traffic and an SLA goal of 99.9% availability on the highest level queue and offered in 5 Mbps increments
- Aggregation Ports that support multiple Ethernet virtual connections (EVCs) for simplified management
- Central office connectivity with SST, SHNS, GeoMax® and collocations (select markets only)
- Protect Routing physically separates the working and protect data links and provides an SLA goal of 99.99 percent availability (select markets only).
Benefits of CenturyLink Metro Ethernet
- Reduce your total cost of ownership by eliminating the need for specialized WAN support expertise; lower cost Metro Ethernet switches and routers, as well as consolidating server/facilities, also help reduce cost of WAN equipment
- Increase flexibility with scalable bandwidth increments allowing you to pay only for what you need
- Enhance productivity by enabling virtual work groups across a metropolitan area (i.e., gain connectivity—both internally and externally—to those entities you regularly communicate with; for example, your suppliers)
- Upgrade easily with quick turnaround; your service can typically be up and running in as little as four business days after service order and acceptance
1 Subject to availability