As cloud computing becomes the norm, rather than the exception, it is having a transformative impact on the enterprise data network.
Considerations for planning, architecting and procuring in the cloud and network have traditionally happened in a silo, separated from the other. This is no longer the case. The inter-dependencies and areas of convergence between the cloud and the network are more prevalent now than at any time in the past. The digital transformation trend driving automation, virtualization, data security, and disaster recovery spurred the rise of hybrid networking and the ‘cloudification’ of network services.
What does the ‘cloudification’ of the network mean for network management?
To be more agile, enterprises are seeking on-demand capabilities in every aspect of their infrastructure s — network is no exception. Hybrid IT networking is bringing many benefits and changes to how enterprise networks are managed, including:
- Automated access to cloud services – no need to to forecast for changing workloads when the network can adapt on-the-fly.
- Reduced security risks – the single security perimeter for managing IT workloads reduces vulnerabilities.
- The ability to add network features on demand – No equipment purchases required to add features including security and DDoS mitigation services so you can address new needs more quickly.
- A different approach to IT procurement – Now ‘pay as you grow’ to avoid lengthy procurement processes and capital expenditures.
- No more provisioning delays – Businesses can more quickly expand the nodes on their networks when needed.
While these are sea changes to the IT and networking world, they can be managed more easily using the right partners and resources. Finding a partner with expertise in hybrid network design and hybrid IT strategies will ease your transition so you can get to your network nirvana sooner.
Read more about the ‘cloudification’ of the network and the opportunities that Hybrid IT Networks can deliver in the Fulfilling the Potential of Cloud Computing with Hybrid Networking white paper.
Learn how CenturyLink’s hybrid networking services can help your team adapt quickly and take advantage of opportunities that otherwise might never happen.