VoIP communication solutions have been proven as a reliable and efficient means of business communications, but surprisingly many businesses still haven’t made the move. Instead they’re relying on aging PBX systems which require ongoing maintenance and can’t support the addition of new communication features today’s tech savvy employees are looking for. If you’re one of those businesses still on the fence about if making the move to VoIP makes sense, we’re making it easy for you.
To help you better understand the costs involved in transitioning to VoIP (or moving from another provider to CenturyLink), we created a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) calculator so you can easily assess the cost difference between moving to VoIP or sticking with your legacy phone system. VoIP TCO Tool.
The calculator analyzes several different data points regarding your current telecommunications “state of the union.” Each area in the calculator has a description to help you further understand what is needed to make the calculation. Questions include:
- How many basic feature phones do you have?
- How many standard feature phones do you have?
- How many premium feature phones do you have?
- What is your average monthly charge for local phone services?
- How much is your average monthly charge for long distance services?
- How many average monthly minutes of long distance do you use?
- What is the annual cost for your current phone equipment maintenance?
- How much do you pay for moves, adds, changes, and/or disconnects on average per year?
- What are other associated expenses related to phone system?
Get an idea of just how valuable a VoIP implementation is to your business both now and into the future. Play around with the VoIP TCO Tool Calculator to take the first step toward changing how you and your company do business.