CenturyLink™ takes a comprehensive view of network architecture by delivering high-quality, reliable services to your federal agency. Our security, operational and network infrastructures lead the communications industry and embody the converged optical and IP-based technologies necessary today. CenturyLink's goal is to provide your agency quality services with proven, state-of-the-art technology.
The CenturyLink Networx architecture difference includes:
- A unique, any access approach to a suite of converged network services
- Time Division Multiplexing (TDM)-based integrated access
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) and Frame Relay (FR) virtual circuits
- Internet Protocol (IP) -based access convergence to data and voice services
- Private Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) supporting all of our IP-based services- including a significant percentage of our legacy Inter-Exchange Carrier (IXC) voice traffic
- Full integration with our ATM and FR networks, creating a single environment for data, voice and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services
FIGURE TITLE: CenturyLink's Network Architecture (MPLS Core)
The illustration above details the strategy for CenturyLink's adaptable, enabled and integrated network architecture. With a network based on leading-edge MPLS technology, new services can be added to our platform in a modular fashion at the edge. Plus, each of these edge services maintains the same robust security, reliability and other features inherent in our core network.
- Nationwide Network Map
- Integrated Architecture
- Global Service Delivery
- Operational Support System Integration