Managed Tiered Security Service
Customized protection to match your Agency's level of risk
CenturyLink's Managed Tiered Security Services (MTSS) can be customized to meet your Agency's needs, based upon respective levels of mission criticality and information sensitivity.
Using the process illustrated in the figure below, each of CenturyLink's tiered service offerings defines a level of protection for confidentiality, integrity and availability commensurate with the level of risk to your Agency's information and information assets.
CenturyLink's Managed Tiered Security Services include a host of valuable features and capabilities, including but not limited to the following:
- Proven systems engineering approach to custom-built security solution design and implementation
- 24x7x365 monitoring by highly qualified and experienced CenturyLink Security, Operations and Engineering personnel; CenturyLink's personnel hold security clearances in accordance with applicable DD254 or other contract requirements
- Compliance with Federal Information Security Management Act through adherence to appropriate standards, e.g., FIP 199, OMB Circular A-130, NIST Special Publication (SP) 800-53
- Compliance with your Agency's Enterprise Architecture and Security Profile
- Use of Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) products that conform to the NIST Guide to Selecting Information Technology Security Products (NIST SP 800-36), and are selected to support your Agency's performance requirements
- Where required, CenturyLink provides COTS cryptographic modules which are compliant with FIPS 140-2 and ISA Standard 15408 Common Criteria
- Support of the System Accreditation process in accordance with NIST 800-37, DITSCAP, or DCID 6/3, both on deployment and every three years (or sooner if a change requires re-accreditation)
- Vulnerability Scanning in accordance with NIST SP 800-42 as part of periodic self-assessments
- CenturyLink provides comprehensive Managed Tiered Security Services that are vendor and device independent, and that enable your Agency to retain its current infrastructure while also permitting simpler future technology refresh
- CenturyLink's MTSS is supported by more than 1,000 highly qualified, experienced CenturyLink security professionals
- Compliance with FISMA, NIACAP, DITSCAP, DoD and HIPPA standards
- Compliance with Federal Enterprise Architecture Objectives addressing:
- Enhancement of cost savings and cost avoidance
- Increased cross-agency and inter-government collaboration, and improved utilization of government information resource
- Product Overview
Managed Tiered Security Services Product Overview (pdf)
- Higher levels of outsourced security services.
- Offered to support agencies wanting to establish a pre-defined level of security