Boyd IT staff worked with CenturyLink specialists to deploy a comprehensive IP voice solution.
The company's 22 hotel and gambling properties are geographically dispersed across eight states from Nevada to Hawaii. Moreover, the acquisition of various properties led to a heterogeneous mix of phone systems and PBXs. That resulted in voice services that were expensive and difficult to maintain.
Boyd IT personnel worked with CenturyLink specialists to deploy a comprehensive IP voice solution. They implemented CenturyLink SIP Trunk and IQ Networking Private Port (MPLS) services at 22 sites. The project team also deployed new Cisco phone system solutions and configured all the legacy phone equipment to seamlessly work with the new voice solution.
Benefits and Results
- CenturyLink SIP solution cut voice expenditures by $200,000 per year.
- Converged voice and data network runs on single broadband connection.
- Integration of existing PBXs and phone equipment protects capital investments in legacy devices.
- Positions the company to capture economies of scale by consolidating traffic from multiple locations
- CenturyLink Centurion Maintenance contract liberates managers to focus on core competencies.
- CenturyLink specialists monitor, maintain, service and repair all voice systems and devices.
- Monthly payment simplifies budgeting and avoids repair cost surprises.
- Single point of contact promotes prompt issue resolution.
- CenturyLink's team of certified engineers and technicians eliminates the need to hire costly and difficult-to-find systems experts.