While the Summit business continuity and disaster recovery network met government standards, Summit executives decided to bolster the redundancy of their infrastructure and physically distance their locations from each other, while setting up one site closer to some of the employees that live in that area.
Executives at this financial services company wanted to boost the robustness of their business continuity (BC) and disaster recovery (DR) capabilities by adding a second, redundant data backup site. Simultaneously, IT managers wanted to shorten backup windows and improve file-restoration service levels.
Technicians implemented the Qwest iQ® Networking Internet Port service to link the firm's new Cincinnati, Ohio data backup facility with an existing site in nearby Dayton. They leveraged Qwest-provided Adtran NetVanta 3400 Series Multiservice Access Routers to create a secure IPSec tunnel between the two BC and DR sites.
Benefits and Results
- The Qwest solution upgraded the redundancy of the firm's BC/DR network.
- The Qwest circuit lowered data transport costs by 15 to 20 percent.
- The T-1 circuit performance:
- Saves IT staffers time by allowing them to quickly access and restore files in native form-even during backup operations.
- Reduced the data backup window by 33 percent, even while the size of data sets increased.
- The reliable circuit provides a stable, secure BC/DR environment.
Summit Investment Partners www.summitpartnersllc.com offers financial consultation services and investment products. The firm's registered investment advisors currently manage more than $9.5 billion in assets for insurance companies, public and private pension funds, endowments, foundations, mutual funds and high net worth individuals. Summit serves clients from multiple offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and Lincoln, Nebraska and offers a wide range of products that include fixed-income and equity investment vehicles, in addition to commercial mortgages and real estate opportunities.
- Not available
Connect with CenturyLink
We're here to help!
- Contact Us