Flexible Metro Ethernet provisioning allows qualifying locations to quickly turn up service as well as scale bandwidth up or down as needed.
- Jeff Goddard
- Information Technology Manager
The implementation of a Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) dramatically reduced the performance of the Doctors Clinic's network. Moreover, the company was transitioning from paper files to Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
Managers replaced a hub and spoke network with a meshed network based on the CenturyLink Metro Ethernet service at five sites. The Clinic also uses the CenturyLink Primary Rate Service (PRS) at 10 sites as well as the Long Distance service.
Benefits and Results
- The Metro Ethernet service significantly increased the speed of data packet transfers
- Boosted radiologist productivity by $37,000 to $50,000 annually
- Scalable, high-performance Ethernet bandwidth supported successful EMR implementation
- At one remote site The Metro Ethernet deployment increased bandwidth by 1,566 percent (from 6 to 100 Mbps) while lowering costs by $1,200 annually
- Flexible Metro Ethernet provisioning allows qualifying locations to quickly turn up service as well as scale bandwidth up or down as needed
The Doctor's Clinic (the Clinic) supports the health care needs of about 240,000 Kitsap County, Washington residents. About 80 physicians provide a wide range of services through the Clinic's 10 locations. These sites are spread throughout the remote Kitsap peninsula which is situated across Puget Sound from the city of Seattle.
- Not available
Connect with CenturyLink
We're here to help!
- Contact Us