Set up your Call Forwarding calling feature
When your CenturyLink phone services include call forwarding, you can automatically route all your calls to another number. You can still make outgoing calls while call forwarding is on.
How to set up call forwarding
- Lift the receiver, listen for the dial tone, and press .
- When you hear a second dial tone, dial the number you want your calls forwarded to.
- When that phone is answered, call forwarding is activated and you can hang up.
If the phone is busy, or no one answers the number you want your calls forwarded to, you can still have your calls forwarded. Hang up and repeat steps 1 and 2. Two quick tones will confirm that call forwarding is in effect.
NOTES ABOUT CALL FORWARDING
- If you forward calls to a long distance telephone number, you will incur long distance charges for each completed call.
- To confirm whether call forwarding is in effect, press .
- If call forwarding is ON, you will hear a fast busy tone.
- If it is OFF, you will hear a normal dial tone.
- When call forwarding is ON and a call forwards:
- You will hear a short ring on your phone each time a call is forwarded to another number.
- You cannot answer a forwarded call at your telephone. If you want to be able to stop the call from being forwarded when you answer your primary phone, try Call Forwarding No Answer
- The number to which you have forwarded your calls will ring normally.
How to turn off call forwarding
- Lift the receiver, listen for the dial tone and press .
- Two short tones indicate that you have turned call forwarding off.
If you're interested in forwarding only certain calls, try selective call forwarding.
To add or change the calling features on your account, chat with us.