Calling Features: Selective Call Forwarding
When your CenturyLink phone services include Selective Call Forwarding, you can have calls originating from a specific telephone number (or numbers) forwarded to a different phone line. Only calls from telephone numbers in your selective call forwarding list will be forwarded.
How to set up selective call forwarding
- Lift the receiver, listen for the dial tone, and press .
- Follow the recorded instructions to:
- Identify the phone numbers you want to forward.
- Identify a "receiving" phone number you want your calls forwarded to.
- Change and review your list.
NOTES ABOUT SELECTIVE CALL FORWARDING:
- Any calls received from numbers not on your selective call forwarding list will be sent to your home phone line, as usual.
- Depending on your location, you can select either 12 or 15 numbers to forward. If your selective call forwarding list is full, you must erase one number before you can add another.
- You may forward calls to any local or long distance number. Please bear in mind that, if you forward calls to a long distance telephone number, you will incur long distance charges for the duration of each completed call.
- When selective call forwarding is ON and a call forwards:
- You will hear a short ring on your phone each time a call is forwarded.
- You won't be able to answer the forwarded call at your telephone.
- The number to which you have forwarded your calls will ring normally.
How to turn off selective call forwarding
The way to deactivate call forwarding varies by location. Generally, you should try dialing first. If you get the message "We're sorry; your call can not be completed as dialed," then hang up and, once you have a dial tone again, press . Once you connect to our call forwarding system, follow the recorded instructions.
If you're interested in forwarding all of your calls, try call forwarding.
To add or change the calling features on your account, chat with us.