Prism Home Media Sharing: Pictures
Home Media Sharing enables your DVR to stream photos and music from any networked home PC in your home.
Note: PC must be must have Windows Media Player 11 or above installed.
Setting Up Media Sharing on Your PC with Windows 7
- On your PC with Windows 7, launch Windows Media Player.
- Click the STREAM dropdown menu.
- If not already turned on, click TURN ON MEDIA STREAMING.
Once Media streaming is turned on, you can select MORE STREAMING OPTIONS under the STREAM dropdown to customize settings.
Setting Up Media Sharing on Your PC with Windows XP or Vista
- On your PC with Windows XP or Vista, launch Windows Media Player.
- Click the Library menu button.
- Then click Media Sharing. A Media Sharing dialog box will appear.
- Select the Share My Media box.
- And click the generic device icon labeled Unknown Device.
- Click OK.
If multiple generic device icons appear, select and allow all of these devices.
Firewall Settings in Windows Vista
If you are a Windows Vista user, you need to change your firewall settings to allow Media Sharing access to your library.
- In the Network and Sharing Center, click Windows Firewall.
- Click Change Settings.
- Click the Exceptions tab.
- Scroll down and check the boxes for Windows Media Player and Windows Media player Networking Sharing Service.
- Click OK.
Selecting Your PC
- On your Prism remote control, press the MENU button.
- Use the RIGHT ARROW to select EXTRAS.
- Select PHOTOS AND MUSIC.
- Press OK. You will see a list of PCs in your house that are acting as Windows Media Connect Servers.
- Arrow to select a PC.
- Press OK.
If your PC is not configured to share media, you will not be able to select it. If no PCs are configured as Windows Media Connect Servers, an information screen will appear.
Viewing a Photo
After you have selected a PC, use the ARROW buttons to select a photo category. Press OK.
Note: Home Media Sharing supports the .jpg and.jpeg format.
Use the ARROW buttons to scroll through your photos. As a photo name is highlighted you will see a thumbnail displayed. Press OK to display the photo full screen. Press BACK to return to the list of photos or MENU to exit from the photo.
For more information about Windows Media Connect server, search for Windows Media Player 11 on microsoft.com.
If you need additional assistance, chat online with Prism technical support.