How to transfer, suspend or cancel your DIRECTV service
Whether you're moving, going to be away from home for a long time, experiencing technical difficulties or are even struggling with your bill, DIRECTV wants to help.
Are you moving?
TRANSFER your service.
It's easy to transfer your DIRECTV service to a new address. Simply tell DIRECTV where and when you're moving. Once you're at your new place, DIRECTV will deliver and professionally install a new satellite dish.
It works like this:
- Call 1-888-DTV-MOVE (1-888-388-6683) to schedule your service transfer.
- Take your DIRECTV receivers, remote controls and owner's manual to your new home.
- Leave your DIRECTV satellite dish behind.
Note: DIRECTV offers deals to help you stay connected and save money when you're moving. For instance, with a 1-year commitment, you can get free professional installation for everything, including your receivers. Some deals come with more than $500 in savings. To learn more, visit DIRECTV online or call 1-866-889-7872.
Going on a lengthy vacation?
Temporarily SUSPEND your service.
When you're away from home for a long time, you don't need to cancel your service. You can temporarily suspend it instead.
Suspending your service puts it on hold until you're ready to use it again. This saves you the trouble of returning equipment, dealing with final bills, and then later, scheduling a new install and setting up new equipment.
There's no charge to suspend your service, and you can put your account on hold for as little as 30 days or as long as 6 months. To put your account on hold, read the fine print, and then call 1-800-531-5000. When prompted, say "suspend services," and follow the instructions.
Take DIRECTV with you
If you're going to be on the move, have you thought about taking your television service with you? You can get DIRECTV service for your RV, mobile home, boat and/or plane.
- Can I get DIRECTV service for my RV?
- Can I get DIRECTV service for my boat?
- Can I use a leased DIRECTV Receiver in my mobile vehicle?
- I want to get DIRECTV service for my car, RV, boat or airplane.
How do I get the equipment?
- Can a DIRECTV tech install a DIRECTV mobile receiver on my RV or boat?
- Can I order DIRECTV CINEMA™ movies or Pay Per View events in my vehicle?
- What is the difference in service for mobile vehicles and multiple homes?
Are you frustrated with your service?
There are alternatives to CANCELLING.
If your DIRECTV experience has been less than ideal, maybe there's something that can still be done to improve it.
If you're experiencing technical difficulties, we apologize, and we want to help you get your service working. Search, ask or call for help:
- Search the DIRECTV Support Center. The Support Center is a big database full of self-help information. There you can find tips for troubleshooting equipment, understanding on-screen messages, setting up mobile devices and/or figuring out your programming package.
- Ask members of the DIRECTV Technical Forum for recommendations. If you've never visited a technical forum, you'll find that they're a good way to exchange messages with people who are experiencing problems similar to yours.
- Call DIRECTV at 1-800-531-5000 if you're out of ideas and need immediate resolution to your situation. They'll help you troubleshoot the problem. If you prefer to email them or want to know their hours of operation, visit their contact us page.
If your bill has simply gotten too big and you need to rein things in, call DIRECTV at 1-800-531-5000, and they can talk with you about options.
- How long is my contract for?
- Where can I find a copy of the equipment lease agreement?
- Where can I find information about my DIRECTV Customer Agreement?
- Will I be charged a fee if I cancel my service?
- Are there any early cancellation fees?
- Can I cancel my DIRECTV service online?
- What happens if I cancel my DIRECTV service and have outstanding charges on my account?