Basic Verizon Wireless troubleshooting help
We hope everything is going brilliantly with your Verizon Wireless service, but if you've run into a snag, we want to get you answers. To that end, we've searched the Verizon self-help database looking for popular customer questions.
Common repair-related questions:
- I got my device wet. What should I do?
- What should I do if I hear static on my phone?
- What does it mean if I hear a fast-busy signal when I make a call?
- Why won't my device turn on?
- Why does my device keep beeping?
- Why does my device keep shutting off?
- Why do my calls drop in the middle of a conversation?
- Why can't I make or receive calls?
- Why can't I send or receive text, picture or video messages?
- Why can't I unlock my phone?
Other popular Verizon Wireless questions
Voice mail management
- How do I retrieve my voice mail messages?
- How do I reset my my voice mail password if I've forgotten it?
- How much does text messaging cost?
- Is text messaging available to prepay subscribers?
- If I have my device turned off, will I still receive text messages?
- How do I block unwanted text messages?
- Can I get messages on my tablet if I don't have a smartphone?
- How do I transfer contacts from my current phone to my new Android device?
- How do I transfer media to my iPhone?
- Where can I get help connecting to wi-fi service?
Additional useful links
- Why is there no coverage in my home area?
- How do I change my mobile number?
- What happens to my calls when my number's ported?
- How do I set up my accessories (headsets, chargers, batteries)?
- Who do I contact if my device malfunctions while under warranty?
- What can I do if my device is broken, and I'm not eligible for an upgrade?
Where to get more help
You can ask members of the Verizon Community Forum for troubleshooting recommendations. (If you've never visited a technical forum, you'll find that forums are a good way to exchange messages with people who are experiencing problems similar to yours.)
Alternately, try visiting the Verizon Wireless FAQ page. It's a great source of information. We even found some of the content for this article there.
Of course, you can always contact Verizon Wireless directly. Their contact us page includes options for chatting online as well as speaking with live people.