Local Sales Tax Explained
Imposed by your local government. The services that the tax is applied to depend on where you live.
Who put it on your bill?
The tax is imposed by local jurisdictions including cities, counties, special purpose districts and transit authorities. CenturyLink is required to collect this tax on behalf of the applicable entities.
Who gets the money?
Revenues collected via Local Sales Taxes are allocated by the local authority. Recipients may include:
- State General Revenue Fund
- Parks & Wildlife
- Highway Department
- Parks and Recreation Department.
Also known as:
- Local County and City Tax
- Local Communication Services Tax
- Local Interstate Telecom Tax