If you want to manage your CenturyLink account online and are trying to set up a My Account profile, you need a security (or authentication) code. This code is for your protection and is another way we confirm your identity.
How to get your code
If you don't have your security code, there are several ways you can get it. Specifically, you can:
- Find it on your bill. We print the code on at least the first 3 bills we send you. Look for your code on page 1 of your bill toward the end of the "Get an Online Account" section. After the 3rd bill, the code may not be printed on your bill anymore.
- Ask us to email it to you. You can request an email. We'll send the email to the address you have on file with us. For security reasons, you must have had your email address on file with us for at least 30 days. If you’ve recently changed it, we may not be able to email your code to you.
- Have us call you with it. You can request a phone call. We'll call you at your primary billing telephone number. We will call within 5 minutes of you contacting us. If you don't answer, we'll leave a voice message with your security code.
- Chat with us online. You can chat with a customer service agent, who will be able to quickly retrieve your security code.
- Have us mail it to you. You can have us mail your code. We'll send it to the billing address we have on file for you. You should get it in 7 to 10 days.
Note: This security code is a randomly generated number that is assigned only to you. It should not be shared and should be kept in a safe place. If you forget your password and need to retrieve it, you will be asked for this code to authenticate your identity.
If you have questions or need more information, chat with us. We're here to help!