The CenturyLink® Connected Home portal allows you to manage your Connected Home service and features, such as:
- Setting up alerts and automations
- Managing schedules
- Viewing notable events
- Viewing pictures and video clips
Using the History Tab
The History tab displays logged information about different types of occurrences during the default time period.
- Alerts - Any alerts that were created, edited, deleted, or triggered and sent. For example, you can view historical information about when a window was opened.
- Automations - Any automations that were created, edited, deleted, or triggered. For example, you can view historical information about when an automation sets a thermostat setting change.
- Schedules - Any schedules that executed or were added, edited, or deleted. For example, you can view historical information about when a schedule turns on lights in your house.
- Notable Events - Any arming or disarming events whether by a user or a schedule. For example, you can view historical information about when an alarm was cleared.
- Pictures and Video Clips - Any pictures taken or video clips captured (or when these actions failed) manually by a user or triggered by an automation or schedule. For example, you can view historical information about when a schedule triggered a camera to take a picture.
- Site Access - Any site access, including admin users who signed in as the site owner, or any users added, edited, or deleted. For example, you can view historical information about when a user accessed your site and from which IP address.
- System - Any system events. For example, you can view historical information about when a device went offline or came online.
Alerts provide information about what is happening at your site, so you can be aware of all events, even when you are away. You can set up your system to send an email and text messages (SMS) to a PC or mobile device, alerting you when each type of event occurs, or in the absence of an event.
You can determine the type of alert and what kinds of events you want to know about. The types of alerts include:
- Event Alerts - When something happens.
- Exception Alerts - When something does not happen.
- System Event Alerts - When an unusual system condition occurs.
Automations use a change in one device to trigger an action for another device. For example, you might want to set up an automation so a camera takes a picture if a door/window sensor detects an open door. You can specify the days and time or modes in which they occur. In addition, when the triggering device is the security panel and the triggering even tis arm or disarm from the security panel, you can create an automation that is only triggered when a particular user or access code caused the triggering event.
To set up an automation, complete the following steps:
- Click ADD AUTOMATION.
- Select a trigger from the TRIGGERS menu.
- Determine when an automation will be active from the ACTIVE menu.
- Select the ADD ACTIONS button to add the action.
- Click the SAVE button to save the automation.
Schedules allow you to manage your devices, such as thermostats, lamp modules, and cameras . You can also schedule the arm state of your security system. You can specify the days and time or modes in which they occur.
To set up a schedule, complete the following steps:
- Click ADD SCHEDULE.
- Enter the name of the schedule in the NAME field.
- Determine when the schedule will occur by selecting the times in the WHEN menu and selecting the DAYS. You can even set a schedule to repeat during pre-set intervals.
- Select ADD ACTIONS from the Actions field, or choose to stop an action.
- Determine what conditions the security system and modes should be in for the schedule to be active.
- Click the SAVE button to save the schedule.
Alerts allow you to be notified by email or text message. To set up an alert, complete the following steps:
- Access the SYSTEM tab and select MY PROFILES > SENDS ALERTS for the sites you own.
- Click CHANGE.
- Add up to three email destinations and three phone numbers for text alert destinations.
- Provide your portal password in order to save the changes.
- Click the SAVE button to save the alert.
Using HomeView Configurations
To set up HomeView, complete the following steps:
- Go to the SUMMARY tab.
- Select CUSTOMIZE THIS PAGE near the bottom of the window.
- Click SETUP, located next to HomeView.
- Select a floor plan.
- Drag on existing walls to erase.
- Drag on grid to draw lines.
- Drag and drop devices to positions within the floor plan.
- Add room labels.
- Add floors.
- Click the SAVE button to save your HomeView configuration.
To set up Modes, complete the following steps:
- Go to the SYSTEM tab.
- Click SHIFT.
- Create a custom mode or click the SAVE button to accept the pre-loaded modes.
Add Additional Users
To add additional users, complete the following steps:
- Go to the SYSTEM tab.
- Select USERS.
- Choose .Invite a new users. or .Give access to an existing users..
- Slick OK with your selection.
- Enter the required information, including user name, display name, and email address.
- Click the SAVE button to save the user information.
Connected Home Support
Learn more about using and managing your CenturyLink® Connected Home service: