Deleting recorded programs from your DVR helps you manage your storage space. If you reach your storage limit, older programs will be erased automatically to make room for new recordings, whether you have watched the program or not.
There are two ways to delete recordings. You can delete recordings through the RECORDED TV menu or after viewing a recorded program.
Deleting Recordings through the Recorded TV Menu
- To delete a recorded program using the menu, press RECORDED TV on your remote to see the Recorded TV screen for a list of recordings.
- You can use the RIGHT and LEFT arrow buttons to view the list by DATE or TITLE.
- Use the UP and DOWN ARROWS to scroll through the list and select the program you'd like to delete.
- Press OK to make your selection and launch the Program Info Screen.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to ERASE and press OK.
- You'll be asked to confirm you want to delete the recording. Press OK.
Deleting a Recording After Viewing
After viewing a recorded program, an information screen will appear automatically when you reach the end. Use the arrow keys to select ERASE and press OK.
Deleted programs are removed from the recorded programs list and can no longer be viewed.
For more information on using your DVR, watch the Help On Demand videos on recording, canceling and protecting programs from being automatically deleted.