Your Prism Whole Home DVR
- Record up to four shows at once on a single DVR from any TV
- Record and play back your shows in any room
- Schedule, update, or delete your recordings from any room in your home
- Pause your recorded show in one room and pick it up in another
- Set up a series recording to record a show whenever it's on
Record the program you're watching using the Record button on the remote
To record the program you're watching, press RECORD on the remote control. When the recording starts, a red record light on your set-top box and a "Recording" message on your screen will indicate that a recording is in progress.
Record using the program guide
You can also use the GUIDE to record a program. Press the GUIDE key on your remote control to access the Prism GUIDE. (You can also press the MENU key and select GUIDE from the menu.) Use the ARROW keys on your remote control to navigate the Prism Guide. Press the OK key to highlight the program you want to watch and record. Arrow down to select RECORD EPISODE.
Stop a recording
To stop recording a program you're watching at any time, press STOP. The system will prompt you to confirm that you want to stop. The recording will also stop when the scheduled program ends.
Extending recording duration
If you think the program will last longer than its scheduled time-slot, such as a sporting event, you can extend the recording duration:
- Press the GUIDE key to access the Prism Guide.
- Use the ARROW keys to navigate to the program you have scheduled to record.
- Press INFO to go to the Program Info Screen.
- Arrow down to RECORD SETTINGS.
- Press OK to select. RIGHT ARROW and then ARROW DOWN to STOP RECORDING and hit OK. ARROW DOWN to select the additional time after the scheduled end time you want to continue recording and hit OK.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to SAVE CHANGES and hit OK.