Your DVR can pause, play and rewind live television just like when you're watching a DVD. You can watch and record up to four programs at the same time with one DVR. You can also watch the same program, live or recorded, through any connected set top box in your home.
There are two easy ways to record a program. Here's how:
To record the program you're watching, press the "Record" button. A recording message will appear on the screen, and the red record light on the set top box will remain on while recording is in progress.
- You can press the GUIDE key on your remote control to select a program from the Advanced TV GUIDE.
- Use the ARROW keys to navigate the Guide.
- Press the OK key to highlight the program you want to watch or record.
- Press OK to select RECORD EPISODE.
- Press OK a second time to confirm.
Recording will begin immediately and end at the program's scheduled stop time. The portion of the program you have already watched will be included in the recording. You can press the stop key to end a recording any time. You'll be prompted to confirm you want to end the recording.
Up to four programs can be recorded at a time. If you try to watch or record more than four programs, the DVR will alert you and give you options on how to proceed.
Use the PAUSE, PLAY, REWIND and FAST FORWARD keys to watch and move through a live or recorded program.
Pressing the PAUSE key will pause the program for up to 90 minutes. To resume playing, press PAUSE again or press PLAY. The program will resume playing from the place it was paused after 90 minutes of inactivity. A progress bar at the bottom of the screen will show how long the program has been paused and how much time is remaining. You can also see the progress indicator bar by pressing play.
Pressing Fast Forward or Rewind keys once, twice or three times will determine the speed to move through a program. The status bar at the bottom of the screen will indicate where you are in the program.
To access your recordings
Press the "Recorded TV" key on your remote control for a list of programs in the recording queue.
- Press the MENU key on your remote control and use the RIGHT ARROW key to select RECORDED TV from the MAIN MENU.
- Press the OK button to access RECORDED TV.
- Use the arrow keys to select VIEW RECORDINGS.