While we don't install or repair DIRECTV® System equipment, if you're searching our site for help, we want to provide resources that get you answers to your questions.
Getting to know your DVR
Making technology work -- even when it's not broken -- can sometimes be a challenge. If you're struggling to make your DVR do what you want it to do, use these links to get to know it better:
- How do I use the on-screen guide?
- Can I set my DVR to record a show that's already started?
- Can I cancel a scheduled DVR recording online?
- How do I know when the DVR is getting full?
- How do I program my DIRECTV Universal Remote Control?
- How do I order Pay Per View movies?
- How do I find episode details and parental ratings for TV shows?
These topics are a little more advanced and pertain to systems using an HD DVR:
Taking care of technical issues
Technical difficulties can make you wish for simpler times. Fortunately, even though things may seem bleak, a lot of problems can be fixed easily and quickly. These links take you to solutions for the most common, headache-causing problems:
- How do I reset my receiver?
- How do I access my receiver's on-screen help menu?
- My receiver won't turn on. What should I do?
- My remote only controls the receiver. How do I fix it?
- I'm not getting any sound at all, or the sound is badly distorted.
- The picture and sound aren't synced correctly.
- I get an error message when I try to stream a movie or a show.
Your owner's manual is another good source of helpful information. If you've misplaced yours, no problem. You can find links to all the DIRECTV equipment manuals -- organized and in one place -- on the DIRECTV website.
Enjoying the benefits of mobile technology
If you've joined the ranks of the mobile-enabled masses, you might be wondering how you can watch your favorite shows on your phone or stream movies to your tablet. Start here to get connected:
- What do I need to watch movies and shows on my laptop, tablet or phone?
- Can I stream TV channels on my laptop or mobile device outside my home?
- Will I be charged for data if I stream live TV channels on my tablet or mobile device?
- I'm at home but can't download recorded programs to my mobile device. What can I do?