People enjoy this calling feature because it makes talking with multiple people easy. If you want to use 3-Way Calling but have problems getting it to work, try these suggestions.
- Make sure your phone is set to TONE, not PULSE. Many phones have a physical P/T switch located on the side, bottom or back of the unit. If you don't see a physical switch, go into the phone's setup menu and look for the P/T settings.
- Try calling from another phone. If you can get the feature to work from a different phone, then the problem is most likely with your equipment.
- If you're calling from/to a pay phone, hotel, motel or prison, this feature will not work.
- This feature will not work if you're trying to use it simultaneously with Call Transfer or Call Waiting.
- 3-Way Calling can be blocked. If it's blocked on your line, you won't be able to get it to work, until you have the block removed. (Note: We'll need to remove the block for you, but there's no charge for us to do this.)
- Read the instructions for this feature and confirm you're using it correctly.
Tip: If you DO NOT want to use this feature, but inadvertently keep triggering it, be extra careful to hold down the hang-up button for at least 2 seconds between calls.