Directory Delivery Lists - V12
Directory Delivery Lists contain Subscriber List Information (SLI) and other listing information contained in CenturyLink™'s Listings Database, for selected geographic areas and markets, for use in the distribution of Client's printed telephone directories. CenturyLink's database includes listings for all CenturyLink's end-users, as well as certain Independent Local Exchange Carriers (ILECs), Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLECs), and Enhanced Service Providers (ESPs) across CenturyLink QC.
Directory Delivery Lists may be purchased for all CenturyLink™ Local Exchange Service areas in CenturyLink QC or on a geographical and market basis for any portion of the CenturyLink region. Listing information for end-users with nonlisted or nonpublished service will only include the end-user name, local telephone Numbering Plan Area (NPA) code, Central Office Prefix, delivery or service address.
Directory Delivery Lists are available in two (2) basic product categories:
- Initial Delivery List - A List containing listing information for end-user customers in the CenturyLink Listings Database that qualify to receive an annual reprint of the telephone directory in the geographic area selected.
- Supplemental Delivery List - Lists containing listing information for end-user customers in the CenturyLink Listings Database who have newly connected service in the selected geographic area(s) and should receive a telephone directory as new exchange subscribers. Supplemental Directory Delivery records are extracted daily and are delivered at the frequency you select, i.e., daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
Directory Delivery Lists information is provided in a fixed field file format suitable for printing to labels. Media options include E-mail, electronic transmission via File Transfer Process (FTP), Compact Disk (CD) or use of CenturyLink™ Protected Internet Delivery (CPID), where the file may be downloaded.
Directory Delivery Lists are available to any telephone directory distributor.
Terms and Conditions
You obtain CenturyLink Directory Delivery Lists by entering into a License Agreement with CenturyLink for use of the Directory Delivery Lists for the sole purpose of delivering directories. The lists may not be used for any other purposes. Your initial order is processed within thirty (30) days after we receive your order form.
Recurring charges do not apply to Directory Delivery Lists.
Nonrecurring charges are comprised of the following rate elements:
- Lists Products
- Initial Delivery List
- Supplemental Delivery List
- Media charge per CD (if applicable)
- Shipping charges (if applicable)
- Transmission fees (if applicable)
- Test Files - Note: New clients receive their initial test file free of charge. Additional test files are available at the rates per your Agreement with CenturyLink.
Wholesale rates for this product or service, including tariff references and any applicable discounts, are provided in your current Interconnection, Resale, Commercial, or other governing agreement.
Tariffs, Regulations and Policies
The Tariffs, Regulations and Policies section does not apply to Directory Delivery Lists.
Optional Features section does not apply to Directory Delivery Lists.
|Over 11 million CenturyLink and other carrier listings excluding nonlisted and on published listings||CenturyLink's Directory Delivery Lists provide reliable listing information for accurate and efficient delivery of directories.|
|Service excellence||A dedicated service representative will be assigned to support your requests for CenturyLink's Directory Delivery Lists.|
|Supplemental Delivery Lists||Records are extracted daily and delivered to you at the frequency you request to meet your directory distribution schedules.|
|Flexible ordering options.||The list's content is based on your selection criteria, for example, NPA/NNX, community name(s), residence, business, etc. to support the needs of your directory delivery business.|
|Flexible media delivery options||Files are available on CD, e-mail, or via electronic file transmission using FTP or CenturyLink CPID.|
CenturyLink's Delivery Lists, extracted from CenturyLink's Listings database, provide current and complete listing information for accurate and efficient delivery of your directories.
Your initial point of contact is the CenturyLink Directory Delivery Lists Account Manager located in Wholesale Customer Contacts.
Pre-Ordering section does not apply to Directory Delivery Lists.
Contact the CenturyLink Directory Delivery Lists Account Manager to obtain a copy of the Agreement and technical specifications. A CenturyLink Directory Delivery Lists Service Representative will be assigned to you and will perform the following:
- Reviews the contract with you to ensure your understanding of the lists options and usages
- Provides training on completing the order form, the provisioning processes and the technical specifications
- Establishes the billing account
- Facilitates the process to establish the electronic transmission processes including the arrangements for delivery of test files
- Responds to your billing inquiries
- Provides dedicated, on-going support
Directory Delivery Lists are ordered by completing a CenturyLink Directory Delivery Lists Order Form. The order form is also an Exhibit to the License Agreement for the use of Directory Delivery Lists.
Your order is processed within thirty (30) days after we receive your order form. Clients receiving the data via electronic transmission must have the network in place and tested prior to the due date. If the transmission network is not in place by the due date, the due date must be renegotiated or the information will be supplied via CD.
Provisioning and Installation
For information regarding the Directory Delivery List file formats and content, refer to the Directory Delivery Lists.
Maintenance and Repair
Contact your CenturyLink Directory Delivery Lists Service Representative regarding any maintenance issues.
Billing and Receivable Tracking (BART) billing is described in Billing Information - Billing and Receivable Tracking (BART).
A detailed monthly bill will be rendered by the BART billing system by the 15th (business day of each month), for any charge(s) incurred in the previous month. A summary statement will be included with each bill.
Directory Delivery Lists are billed on a per record basis.
Contact your CenturyLink Directory Delivery Lists Service Representative regarding any billing issues.
Training will be provided by your CenturyLink Directory Delivery Lists Service Representative.
CenturyLink contact information for Directory Delivery List Account Manager is located in Wholesale Customer Contacts.
Contact information for your CenturyLink Directory Delivery Lists Service Representative will be provided once the assignment has been made. All inquiries, including billing inquiries, should be directed to your Directory Delivery Service Representative.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How can I obtain an estimate for the geographic area I'm
Contact your Directory Delivery Lists Service Representative for a complete estimate based on your selected list criteria.
2. Do I have to buy all listings in the database, or can I order
just what I need?
No, you do not have the buy the entire database. The Directory Delivery Lists are extracted based on criteria you select, such as state, community name, NPA/NXX, residence, business or residence/business.
3. Does CenturyLink provide the listings of other carriers in its
database when it provides its own?
Yes. However, some carriers require separate agreements with publishers. CenturyLink will provide listings according to the directive(s) communicated in the carrier's Letter of Authorization (LOA).
4. Will nonpublished listings be included in the List?
Yes, although the information will be limited to that which is necessary to deliver a directory.
5. Can I order just the business listings?
Yes, you may order business lists, residence lists, or combined business and residence lists.
6. What media can the information be delivered on?
Files are available on CD, via an electronic file transmission, or e-mail.
7. Does CenturyLink have the capability to provide updates
for all CenturyLink QC states on a single file, from a single site?
No. We normally provide separate files, aligned to the separation of our states into territories (Central, Eastern and Western). Your Directory Delivery Lists Service Representative will discuss other options with you.
8. How often will CenturyLink send Supplemental Delivery List updates?
If less than 7 days, on which days of the week will CenturyLink send the
The Supplemental Delivery List is sent per your order form selection for daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly delivery.
9. If the Supplemental Delivery List is requested daily, which
days of the week will CenturyLink send the files?
The Supplemental Delivery List will be sent Monday through Friday, unless a holiday falls during that period, or special processing is necessary. Monday's file contains updates for Saturday and any special processing done on a Sunday.
Last Update: March 13, 2014