CenturyLink SONET OC Ring Services
CenturyLink SONET OC RingSM Service (SOCR) transmits reliable data, voice, image and video traffic over a dedicated high-capacity, SONET-based network. SOCR employs fiber-optic and CenturyLink Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) ring technologies to provide your end users with ultra high-speed connectivity and fail-safe, state-of-the-art reliability. This is handled more efficiently and economically than traditional linear access services.
With SOCR, the data travels through a self-healing ring between your designated locations and the CenturyLink central offices. Should a problem occur in the network, the traffic automatically reroutes without an interruption in the transmission.
An experienced team of CenturyLink associates coordinates the provisioning of each SOCR, and our service performance guarantees provide you with peace of mind. If the SOCR fails for one minute or more, you will be credited 100% of the monthly recurring charges associated with the affected facilities and month of the interruption.
With our SONET OC Ring Service, you may:
- Offer the high-speed capability your customers are seeking.
- Protect your customers from network downtime.
- Tailor the service to suit your needs and business plan.
- Vastly improve the speed and reliability of your communications transmissions.
- Extend your primary SOCR with our cost-effective subtending ring.
Features & Benefits
- A reliable network - protects you from downtime and lost revenue by automatically rerouting traffic if a network problem occurs.
- Flexible configuration options - meet your needs today and provide room for growth.
- Ultra high-speed connectivity - meets demand for increased capacity caused by bandwidth-intensive applications.
- Interworking of transmission products from multiple vendors - allows you to take advantage of cost savings and network efficiencies.
- A reduced rate for furnishing your own equipment - saves on capital expenditures and allows more flexibility in provisioning your service to end users.
- Flexible pricing - Month to month, one-, three-, and five-year pricing structures are available, allowing for budgeting flexibility. Installation charges do apply to month-to-month and one-year pricing agreements.
CenturyLink SONET OC Ring Service (SOCR) provides facility redundancy and fault-tolerance in the event of a facility or equipment failure. SOCR is a dedicated bandwidth SONET ring-based service, utilizing 2-Fiber Unidirectional Path Switched Ring or 2-Fiber Bidirectional Line Switched Ring network architecture.
SOCR consists of a minimum of two nodes. You must have at least one premise node and at least one CenturyLink central office node on each ring. SOCR consists of your nodes and central office nodes, custom bandwidth configuration options at each node, and node connection facilities, including local channels, alternate central office channels, intra-office channels, inter-office channels and your direct node connections. The maximum number of nodes on a ring is only limited by technological considerations. Adding a subtending ring can extend your SOCR service by allowing you to share nodes on your existing primary service. Subtending rings are available on OC12 and OC48 primary rings.
While SOCR provides secure dedicated bandwidth to your end user locations, some sharing of transport and electronics may occur. You can enter or exit the ring service at nodes of your choice at the DS1, DS3, STS1, OC3, OC3C, OC12, OC12C, OC48 and OC48C levels. Nodes can be ordered at OC3, OC12, OC48 and OC192 speeds. The OC192 speed utilizes 2-fiber, bi-directional line switched ring (BLSR) topology.
SOCR is currently offered in CenturyLink franchised areas of Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming. OC192 are currently only tariffed in Florida, Nevada and North Carolina.
- Allows you to provide high-speed service to customers whose voice, data and image requirements could benefit from the high-capacity SONET-based network.
- Provides a survivable network. Should a problem occur, traffic is automatically rerouted without interruption.
- Gives you the peace of mind of being part of the world-class CenturyLink network.