CenturyLink DDoS Mitigation Service
DDoS Mitigation Service is an optional service for CenturyLink™ customers that want an additional level of protection on their Internet Ports. The service provides network-based detection and mitigation of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks by cyber criminals. If your business relies on Internet-based services, such as e-commerce, online bill pay or VoIP telephony, DDoS Mitigation Service can be a bulwark against illegitimate activity that could cost you your livelihood.
Benefits of DDoS Mitigation Service
- Detects DDoS attacks (Proactive option)
- Helps remove malicious traffic while allowing legitimate business traffic to pass through
- Mitigates malicious traffic on the CenturyLink network before it floods your private network
- Improves service availability of your business
DDoS Mitigation service monitors and identifies threats, validates those threats with you and takes action on the threats to keep your network connected. To lessen the affects of an attack, our network-based mitigation infrastructure filters the malicious traffic before it reaches your network. At the same time, valid traffic is allowed to pass through.
DDoS Mitigation service is an ideal solution for customers in the finance, ecommerce and other industries with significant assets tied to the availability of the Internet infrastructure.
Protection for your networks
DDoS Mitigation Service is offered as a shared service and is available in two tiers:
- Reactive Shared DDoS Mitigation Service relies on the customer to monitor their own traffic and report any malicious traffic detected. The customer notifies CenturyLink of the attack, and CenturyLink begins rerouting the traffic for scrubbing.
- Proactive Shared DDoS Mitigation Service offers continuous network monitoring by CenturyLink for non conforming traffic, which is reported to and validated with the customer. When approved by the customer, CenturyLink begins rerouting the traffic for scrubbing.