Prism TV installation preparation checklist
A normal Prism installation appointment takes between 4 and 6 hours. There are several things you need to do before the technician arrives to ensure your installation goes as quickly as possible.
- Room selection -- Choose the TVs and computers that need Prism service, and we'll take care of the rest.
- Property management approval -- If you rent or lease, you need approval from your property management.
- Access to your home -- Technicians may need access to the outside of your home before and during installation. If you live in a gated community, CenturyLink will need a contact number prior to arrival to gain access. Please unlock your gates and contain any pets.
- Presence of an adult -- An adult over age 18 must be present during installation.
- Access to your TV -- Move furniture and entertainment centers away from the walls. The technician will need to access existing cables and outlets and to run any new cables or wires.
- Open your attic door -- Your technician may need to access wiring in your attic. Open the attic door 3 hours prior to your installation appointment to allow ventilation.
- Keep your current service until after installation -- We know you're excited about getting Prism service, but don't cancel your existing service until after Prism is installed in case there are any delays.
By following these simple steps, you and your home will be ready for your Prism installation.
If you need to reschedule your appointment for any reason, chat with Customer Service up to 24 hours before your appointment.