Prism® TV app FAQs
What do I need to have to use the Prism® TV app?
- The service is available to subscribers of CenturyLink® Prism® TV, including Prism® Stream customers.
- The service is designed to work on select Apple and Android devices at this time.
- The app stores will not offer the application on devices that do not meet the minimum system thresholds.
What do I do if my device is not listed on the supported devices list?
- If your device is not on the list, the application may run on your device, but it is not supported by CenturyLink.
How do I sign up for the Prism® TV app?
- You must have a CenturyLink email and homepage account first. Don't have one yet? Create an account now.
- Download the app from the appropriate app store, launch the application and sign in with your CenturyLink email address and password.
How much does the Prism® TV app cost?
- The Prism® TV app is available for no additional charge for Prism® TV and Prism® Stream subscribers.
Will any additional charges appear on my phone bill?
- There will be no additional charges from CenturyLink.
- You may incur data charges on your wireless bill if you access content over a wireless data plan connection. Refer to your wireless plan or contact your wireless provider for any details on wireless data rates.
Will watching TV shows use my cellular data plan?
- If you watch content over a cellular network (when not connected to Wi-Fi), you will use your cellular data plan. Refer to your wireless plan or contact your wireless provider for any details on wireless data rates.
If I get a new device, how do I transfer the Prism® TV app to it?
- Download the application on your new device and sign in using your CenturyLink email address and password.
- There is a limit to the number of devices allowed for one Prism® TV subscription account.
How many devices can I use to watch programming concurrently?
- While you can have many devices registered, each Prism® TV household can only view programming on three mobile devices simultaneously.
- Each Prism® Stream subscription can view programming on up to five devices simultaneously.
Can I watch live TV?
- Yes. Many live TV channels are available. The full list of channels varies based on your Prism® TV or Prism® Stream package and city.
- To watch Live TV, click on the Guide icon at the top of the application. As you scroll through the channels, orange arrows next to the network logo or call letters indicate which channels are available to watch on your mobile device.
Can I watch On Demand content?
- A selection of Video On Demand content from the Prism® TV service is available to watch on mobile devices.
Can I schedule DVR recordings from my app?
- Yes. To schedule a recording, click on the Guide icon at the top of the screen, select any show and then choose Record.
- You may also schedule recordings from search results.
- At this time, shows recorded on your DVR are not available to view on mobile devices.
DVR and recording capability is not available to Prism® Stream subscribers at this time.
Can I transfer content off of my device (i.e.: to my computer)?
- No. Content is viewable through the Prism® TV app on your device.
When I try to watch a show while away from my home I receive an error message. Why?
- Due to content provider restrictions, some content is available only while on your home network.
- We are working with the providers to expand the availability of content you can watch on the go from anywhere.
Can I access my Prism® TV or Prism® Stream service when I am outside of the U.S.?
- No. You may only use Prism® TV or Prism® Stream service while in the U.S.
Where can I get Prism® TV app technical support?
- Please visit the online help site for Prism.
My device is playing video, but there is no sound. How do I fix this?
- Make sure that your device is not muted and that the volume is not at a low setting.
- On Apple devices, please make sure the hardware Mute switch is not in the muted position.