Prism™ TV app FAQs
What do I need to have to use the Prism™ TV app?
- The service is available to subscribers of CenturyLink Prism.
- The service is designed to work on select Apple and Android devices.
- The app stores will not offer the application on devices that do not meet the minimum system thresholds.
What do I do if my device is not listed on the supported devices list?
- If your device is not on the list, the application may still run on your device, but it is not supported by CenturyLink.
How do I sign up for the Prism™ TV app?
- You must have a CenturyLink email and homepage account first. Don't have one yet? Create an account now.
- Download the app from the appropriate app store, launch the application and sign in with your CenturyLink email address and password.
How much does the Prism™ TV app cost?
- The Prism™ TV app has no additional charge for Prism subscribers. CenturyLink Prism subscribers are able to view their guide, set up and manage recordings and browse the catalog of shows available for download or streaming.
Will any additional charges appear on my phone bill?
- There will be no additional charges from CenturyLink.
- You may incur data charges on your wireless bill if you access content over a 3G or 4G connection. Refer to your wireless plan or contact your wireless provider for any details on wireless data rates.
Will downloading TV shows use my cellular data plan?
- If you download or stream content over a cellular network (when not connected to Wi-Fi), you will use your cellular data plan.
If I get a new device, how do I transfer the Prism™ TV app to it?
- Download the application on your new device and sign in using your CenturyLink email address and password.
- There is a limit to the number of devices allowed for one Prism subscription account.
How many devices can I use to watch programming concurrently?
- While you can have many devices registered, each Prism household can only view programming on three mobile devices simultaneously.
Can I watch live TV?
- Yes. Several live TV channels are available. The full list of channels varies based on your Prism package and city.
- To watch Live TV, click on the Guide icon at the bottom of the application and then select the orange Live filter to find the list of live programming available on mobile devices in your area.
Can I watch On Demand content?
- A selection of Video On Demand content from the Prism service is available to watch on mobile devices.
Can I schedule DVR recordings from my app?
- Yes. To schedule a recording, click on the Guide icon at the bottom of the screen, select any show and then choose Record.
- You may also schedule recordings from search results.
- At this time, shows recorded on your DVR are not available to view on mobile devices.
Can I transfer content off of my device (i.e.: to my computer)?
- No. Content is viewable through the Prism™ TV app on your device.
When I try to stream a show while away from my home I receive an error message. Why?
- Due to content provider restrictions, some content is available only while in your home.
- We are working with the providers to expand the availability of content.
How long can I keep a show after it has been downloaded to my playlist?
- Each show has a window of availability which is identified by clicking on the show. The information about that show indicates when it will expire in its listing.
- Once an episode expires, it will be automatically deleted from your device and you will no longer be able to view it. In some cases the show may be available in the catalog and if so can be downloaded again.
Will I receive a notification when a new episode has finished downloading?
- If you are using the app, a notification will appear telling you that the download has completed.
- In addition, during a download, an icon appears in the upper right corner. This icon will disappear once the download completes.
Can I view content I've downloaded when I don't have network access?
- For some content, the content providers grant the rights to allow you to view downloaded content when offline. In these cases, you can view previously downloaded content without network access.
Can I download or stream content when I am outside of the US?
- No. You may only download or stream content from your home wireless network.
- If you already have episodes downloaded, you can watch them while traveling.
How many programs can I download at a time?
- You can download as many programs from the library as your device's memory will allow, but only one program can download at a time.
It's taking a really long time for my download to complete. What's wrong?
- Shows and movies typically download in 5-10 minutes wirelessly.
- If you are low on battery power, your episode may not download entirely.
- On Apple devices with iOS 6.0 or above the device stops the download when the screen goes to sleep. To ensure the download continues, you may need to extend the "auto-lock" timeout setting on your device.
I think the show/movie was downloaded, but I can't watch it. What's wrong?
- Please make sure that the download has completed. You cannot watch a show or movie until it has finished downloading.
- Your download might have paused due to lack of network coverage, or a low battery.
- If it shows as completed, but will not play, remove the item from your playlist and download again.
I downloaded an episode, but it's no longer on my phone. What happened to it?
- Your episode may have expired.
Where can I get Prism™ TV app technical support?
- Please visit the online help site for Prism.
My device is playing video, but there is no sound. How do I fix this?
- Make sure that your device is not muted and that the volume is not at a low setting.
- On Apple devices, please make sure the hardware Mute switch is not in the muted position.