Set up your voice mailbox first
1. Start up your service
To set up your voice mail, press from your Digital Home Phone service or call your 10-digit Digital Home Phone telephone number. Voice prompts will guide you through the steps. Take your time. Go ahead and experiment! You can always back up, change or erase anything you don't want.
2. Create your password
It can be any number 4 to 15 digits long. Be sure to make note of it because you'll need it to access your messages in the future.
3. Record a name to identify your mailbox
For instance you could record something like, "Smith Residence" or "Jason and Kathy."
4. Choose a voice mail greeting. Most people record their own, but if it's easier, or you're security-conscious and don't want to use your own voice, use one of the built-in CenturyLink greetings.
- Press to select the standard greeting with phone number: "At the tone, please record your message to [your phone number]."
- Press for the standard greeting with your name: "At the tone, please record your message to [your mailbox's name]."
- Press to record a personalized greeting, up to 3 minutes long. For example: "You've reached Jason & Kathy. We can't get to the phone right now, but if you leave a message we'll call you back."
How to check messages/access your mailbox
5. Choose one of these ways to access your mailbox then follow the prompts you hear.
- From Digital Home Phone only: Press
- From home or away: Call your Digital Home Phone number then press when the greeting starts