1. Access your mailbox: To set up your voice mail, press *98 from your Digital Home Phone or call your 10-digit Digital Home Phone number. This is how you can access your mailbox to check messages or make changes at any time. Voice prompts will guide you through the steps. Take your time. Go ahead and experiment! You can always back up, change or erase anything you don't want.
2. Create your password: It can be any number 4 to 15 digits long. Be sure to make note of it because you'll need it to access your messages in the future.
3. Record a name to identify your mailbox: For instance you could record something like, "Smith Residence" or "Jason and Kathy."
4. Choose a greeting: You can record your own or use one of the built-in CenturyLink greetings.
- Press 1 to select the standard greeting with phone number: "At the tone, please record your message to [your phone number]."
- Press 2 for the standard greeting with your name: "At the tone, please record your message to [your mailbox's name]."
- Press 3 to record a personalized greeting, up to three minutes long. For example: "You've reached Jason & Kathy. We can't get to the phone right now, but if you leave a message we'll call you back."