- Legal Notices
- Confidentiality of Customer Proprietary Network Information
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Service Level Agreement
- State Service Agreements
- State Tariffs
- Interstate Month-to-Month Private Line and Network Services Agreements and Exhibits
- Month-to-Month Wholesale Data Services Agreement and Exhibits
- CenturyLink™ Select Advantage® Detailed Descriptions
- Professional Services
- Regulatory Documents
- Arizona Consumers
- NJ Bill of Rights
- Network Disclosures
- CenturyLink® Internet Subscriber Agreement
- CenturyLink Connected Voice Subscriber Agreement
- CenturyLink Retail Product Agreement
- CenturyLink 911 and Service Limitations
- CenturyLink Business VoIP Combined Agreement and 911 Acknowledgment
- CenturyLink Personal Digital Vault™
- CenturyLink Zone User Agreement Terms of Service
- SD-WAN International Zone List
- Electronic Signatures
- IP Voice Services Guide (pdf)
- Do Not Call Policy (pdf)
CenturyLink® 911 and Service Limitations
Last Updated: 11/09/2021
CenturyLink 911 and Service Limitations. Your CenturyLink voice service allows you to dial 911 to reach the Emergency 911 center in your local area, like traditional phone service, but the service differs from traditional phone service in multiple ways. Your CenturyLink voice Subscriber Agreement has more detailed information about these differences, including differences with 911 service. Here are three key differences about the service.
1. The service and 911 calling will not work during a power outage at your service location. To improve function during a power outage, a battery backup unit must be installed. If you are interested, CenturyLink can help you obtain a battery backup unit.
2. You cannot make or receive calls, including return calls from Emergency 911 centers, until your current phone service has been deactivated.
3. Some US location do not offer e911 service, so you must provide your location information to local emergency centers in these areas .
4. For CenturyLink Connected Voice service only, you must notify CenturyLink via the means we provide to you before you change the physical location of your Connected Voice service. Connected Voice 911 calling will not work properly if you move before you update your physical location with us and receive our confirmation.