Wireless Service Providers (WSPs) - Directory Assistance (DA) Service - V6.0
Directory Assistance (DA) products assist your end-users with obtaining local, intraLocal Access and Transport Area (intraLATA), and national published and non-listed telephone number information for Type 1 and Type 2 Wireless Service Providers (WSPs). DA provides this information to your end-users on your behalf when the end-user dials 411, 1-411, 1-Numbering Plan Area (NPA)-555-1212, or as determined by your selected dialing pattern. CenturyLink™ will accept a maximum of two telephone number requests per call to Local or National DA.
CenturyLink provides access to DA Service via dedicated Operator Service (OS) trunks.
DA Services include:
- Local DA Service
- National DA Service
- Enhanced DA Service
Local DA Service
Local DA Service is a telephone number, voice information service provided by CenturyLink that allows your end-users to receive published and non-listed telephone numbers within the caller's NPA or LATA geographic area, whichever is greater, in CenturyLink QC. This service is available with CenturyLink Branding, Generic Call Branding, Customized Call Branding, Promotional Customized Call Branding, and DA Call Completion options.
CenturyLink's Local DA databases only contain published and non-listed telephone numbers obtained by:
- CenturyLink (from our own end-users)
- You (Wireless Service Provider (WSP))
- Other telecommunications carriers
National DA Service
National DA allows your end-users to receive listings from the CenturyLink Local DA Database and from the database of the CenturyLink selected vendor for National DA. You must subscribe to the CenturyLink Local DA Service to subscribe to National DA service.
Enhanced DA Service
Enhanced DA allows your end-users to search for listings by business type. DA search by business type allows your end-users to obtain the name of a business(s) within a given locality by requesting a specific business type/category/classification, e.g., your end-user may access DA and request the name of a Dry Cleaner in the Denver area. Listings for the type of business requested will be randomly selected within the locality requested.
In addition to DA search by business type, the following enhanced services are also available for your end-users:
- Driving directions
- Movie/theatre information
- Ski conditions
Enhanced DA is not available to WSP when the WSP is connected to a 5E (Lucent) switch that is located in CenturyLink's Eastern Region (IA, MN, ND, NE & SD).
Directory Assistance (DA) Service is available throughout CenturyLink QC local service territory.
Terms and Conditions
CenturyLink will perform DA Services in accordance with operating methods, practices and standards in effect for all end-users. CenturyLink will respond to your end-user calls to CenturyLink DA Services using the same priority scheme it uses to respond to CenturyLink end-user calls. Calls to CenturyLink DA Services are handled on a first come, first served basis.
Type 1 - Directory Assistance (DA) calls, and the features associated with this product, may be routed over the same trunks as your other call types such as local, toll, 950, 800, etc. No trunk group to a DA host switch is required.
Type 2 - WSPs have two options that will allow them to provide operator services to their end users:
- Request an 'ancillary' trunk group which will provide your end user access to the CenturyLink Directory Assistance platform in addition to other ancillary services such as Operator Services (OS), Emergency Services, 800, etc. This option does not require direct interconnection to the CenturyLink OS/DA tandem. The facilities and trunks you request terminate at the designated serving wire center (SWC) for your Point of Interconnection (POI). CenturyLink provides the interoffice trunking beyond the SWC to route the call to the Operator Services tandem.
- Deliver your directory assistance services traffic from your POI directly to CenturyLink's OS/DA tandem over your own trunks and transport facilities. Such facilities may be interconnected to the CenturyLink DA switch or platform at one of two technically feasible points on the trunk side of the platform:
- First connection point - CenturyLink DA host switch
- Second connection point - Remote CenturyLink DA switch
Directory Assistance Service for Disabled End-Users
CenturyLink considers the relationship between you and your end-users a private and confidential matter. CenturyLink will provide DA Service to you per your Agreement and will charge you for that service.
A nonrecurring charge applies to establish customized branding and promotional customized call branding only, there is no charge for generic branding. A nonrecurring charge also applies to changing from one branding message to another branding message. If you operate in multiple states and have branding service in more than one state, CenturyLink will apply a nonrecurring charge that represents the lowest applicable rate for the states in which you have branding service.
Rates and/or applicable discounts are available in Exhibit A or the specific rate sheet in your Wireless Interconnection Agreement.
There are no additional charges to you for the Text Messaging service. All rates are the same as for the voice response service. However, your end user is advised by the CenturyLink DA operator that additional charges for text messaging may apply.
Tariffs, Regulations and Policy
Tariff, regulations and policies are located in the state specific Tariffs/Catalogs/Price Lists.
The optional features listed below are for Wireless Type 2 only.
Directory Assistance Call Branding
"Call Branding" means announcing CenturyLink's name, your name, your name with promotional message (front end only), or a generic name on the front end and back end of the DA calls. You have the option of choosing what type of branding announcement you wish to have recorded and played at the beginning and end of your end-user's calls to CenturyLink DA.
Front End Call Branding announces CenturyLink's name, your company's name, your company's name with a brief promotional message, or a generic name at the beginning of the call.
Back End Call Branding announces CenturyLink's name, your company's name or a generic name at the conclusion of the call.
Four types of DA Call Branding are available. Calls may be branded with CenturyLink's brand, generic call branding, customized call branding, or promotional customized call branding as follows:
- CenturyLink Branding - announces CenturyLink's name
- Generic Call Branding - announces no name, Directory Assistance (front end) and Thank You for using your local telephone company (back end)
- Customized Call Branding announces your name and Thank You for using
- Promotional Customized Call Branding - announces your name and a brief promotional message. Promotional messages must include your company name, be factual, and are limited to promotion of existing telecommunication related products and services. Recording content is subject to approval by CenturyLink. Promotional Customized Call Branding is only available at the beginning of the call (Front End Call Branding).
Directory Assistance Call Completion Service
Directory Assistance Call Completion (DACC) Service allows your end-users to connect to the requested local or intraLATA telephone number directly, using the CenturyLink intraLATA toll network, without having to dial another number.
Reverse DA Service
Reverse DA Service allows your end-users to obtain the name and address related to a listed telephone number. Depending upon the type of telephone number listing, your end-users may not be able to obtain the name and address due to restrictions, e.g., toll-free, non-publish, some cell/mobile listings, pagers, coin phones, second lines, etc. For non-listed telephone numbers, the address is restricted and only the name will be provided.
Text Messaging Service Option
Listing information is also available to your end-users through Text Messaging service, in addition to the voice response service. The Text Messaging service is accessible to your end-users through your designated e-mail server. At your discretion, all end-users may be provided the listing information via a text message without requesting it or at the request of your end-user. The listing information is provided to the end-user via text messaging.
The CenturyLink DA operator is able to identify your end-users and offers the Text Messaging service based on your requested delivery selection (provided to all end users automatically or at the end-user's request). Your end-user receives both a voice response and a text messaging response for each requested listing.
Customized and Generic Call Branding Testing
CenturyLink will perform acceptance testing on customized, promotional customized and generic Call Branding with you, at no additional charge, to insure the branding is operational.
CenturyLink will, at your request, schedule a mutually agreeable time to perform acceptance testing in cooperation with you. If you are unable to participate in the acceptance testing or if you request that branding installation be completed without your presence, the service will be considered accepted (i.e., blind acceptance) by you.
CenturyLink branding implementation personnel will conduct preliminary testing. Testing includes the following steps:
- The CenturyLink Service Manager will inform you that the customized, promotional customized or generic call branding has been loaded and an acceptance test may be scheduled with you and the CenturyLink Service Manager.
- The CenturyLink Service Manager will contact the CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manager with the agreed upon date of the test. The CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manager will notify CenturyLink branding technical personnel.
- You, the CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manager, and branding technical personnel will place test DA calls. You may make up to two calls per test situation.
- If the front end and back end call branding meets your satisfaction, the test is completed.
- If you reject the test, the CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manager and branding technical personnel will take action to correct the situation.
- If you reject the test results, CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manager and branding technical personnel will identify the problem. The Branding Implementation Manager will notify the CenturyLink Service Manager within two business days of the expected date of resolution.
- The CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manager will inform the CenturyLink Service Manager when the problem has been resolved.
- The CenturyLink Service Manager will advise you that the problem has been resolved and set up a time for acceptance testing.
- The CenturyLink Service Manager will advise the CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manager of the acceptance test schedule. The CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manger will notify CenturyLink branding technical personnel.
- Repeat steps beginning with Step 3 above.
Trunk provisioning and facility ownership must follow CenturyLink guidelines and will be addressed during implementation.
Promotional Customized Call Branding
Promotional Customized Call Branding - announces WSPs name and a brief promotional message. Promotional messages include WSPs company name and are limited to promotion of existing telecommunication related products and services. Recording content is subject to approval by CenturyLink. Promotional Customized Call Branding is only available at the beginning of the call (Front End Call Branding).
|End-user support 24 hours a day, 365 days per year||Ensures reliable service and support|
|Operators that are dedicated and highly skilled to serve as customer advocates||Provides end-users with professional, courteous, and accurate information and services|
|90% of all Operator Services calls will be answered within 10 seconds||Provides a fast, but personal response to end-users inquiries|
|Front and Back End branding||Reinforces your relationship with your end-user|
|Promotional Customized Call Branding||Direct Product Marketing Opportunity|
|Leading edge Systems and Technology||Network connections that ensure survivability and uninterrupted traffic flow|
If you are a new WSP and are ready to do business with CenturyLink, view Getting Started as a Facility-Based WSP. If you are an existing WSP wishing to amend your Interconnection Agreement or Customer Questionnaire, additional information is located in the Interconnection Agreement.
If you have Type 2D trunk group and are requesting new services, deleting or changing existing services, you must complete the Operator Services/Directory Assistance Questionnaire and follow the outlined process once it has been completed. If you choose to completely discontinue your DA Service with CenturyLink, you must complete the Operator Services/Directory Assistance Services Disconnect Request.
Type 1 - No pre-ordering activities are needed.
Type 2 - To ensure expediency the following are some of the steps that should be executed prior to requesting service:
- Select one of the two directory assistance delivery options from the Terms and Conditions section of this document
- If option '2' is selected, identify the appropriate CenturyLink OS/DA tandem to which you will interconnect
Your CenturyLink Account Team will work with you to ensure that you have all the necessary pieces in place before submitting a service request. Contact your Account Team / Sales Executives and Service Managers for further details, or see Getting Started as a Facility-based Wireless Service Provider (WSP).
Text Messaging Service Option
In order for your end-users to receive listing information via text messaging, you must have an e-mail server and provide the e-mail server address to CenturyLink. If you have multiple e-mail servers you need to have a separate trunk group for each server or CenturyLink can deliver the text messages to one designated e-mail server and you can distribute the messages appropriately.
After completion of the Prerequisites and Pre-Ordering tasks, your CenturyLink Service Manager will work with you to begin the Implementation process.
If you use your own switch and provide or lease transport facilities to deliver your end-user's DA calls to CenturyLink's DA/OS switch, your calls can be branded with CenturyLink's brand, generic call branding or customized call branding with or without a promotional message. Branding details will be addressed during implementation.
You should provide your individual state OCN for each state in which you do business with CenturyLink as a WSP on the CenturyLink Operator Services/Directory Assistance Questionnaire for Wireless Service Providers (WSPs).
Contact your CenturyLink Service Manager Manager for Directory Assistance type issues e.g., Branding and DACC.
All other operator service and trunking repair issues use the process described in the Maintenance and Repair section of Wireless Type 1 Interconnection Service (Type 1) or the Wireless Type 2 Interconnection Service (Type 2).
Integrated Access Billing System (IABS) billing is described in Billing Information - Integrated Access Billing System (IABS).
Customer Records and Information System (CRIS) billing is described in Billing Information - Customer Records and Information System (CRIS).
View additional CenturyLink courses in the Course Catalog.
CenturyLink contact information is located in Wireless Customer Contacts.
This section is being compiled based on your feedback.
Last Update: February 17, 2012
IABS is a trademark of CenturyLink™