Calling Name Data Access
Calling Name (CNAM) Data Access Service from CenturyLink offers you an efficient way to ensure your customers receive accurate Caller ID information.
To maximize your Caller ID functionality, CenturyLink end-user customer names, as well as names from a number of Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLECs) and wireless companies, are contained in the CenturyLink calling name database. Your end-user customers will get higher levels of satisfaction in their Caller ID use when you can provide a greater number of names as well as more accurate and complete name information.
With the CNAM Data Access service, you may:
- Get the most up-to-date and accurate calling names associated with calling numbers.
- Enhance your end-user customers' perception of your calling name service by delivering more names, more frequently.
- Rely on the CenturyLink network and database support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Features & Benefits
- Comprehensive, nationwide CenturyLink database - assures the most timely and up-to-date calling names.
- Industry-standard signaling technology - means CenturyLink delivers the calling name quickly.
- 24/7 support availability - assures you customer service that is always available, no matter when.
The Calling Name (CNAM) Access database contains names for CenturyLink customers and names from a variety of CLECs and wireless companies that utilize CenturyLink as their database. Retrieval of calling name information is charged for on a per inquiry basis. All queries are made via the Common Channel Signaling/Signaling System 7 (CCS/SS7) network.
When a switch receives a terminating call, it first determines whether the terminating customer has Caller ID with Name service. If so, the switch launches a query to a calling name database. As the query travels through the CCS /SS7 network, it is guided to the correct database based on a global title translation in the network. If the name is in the CenturyLink database, the query is routed to the CenturyLink Service Control Point (SCP), which provides a response containing the calling name.
- Increases your minute-driven revenue because more calls are answered when calling party names are recognized.
- Delivers higher satisfaction to your end user customers, due to a greater number and accuracy of names displayed.
- Provides the power of the CenturyLink CCS/SS7 product portfolio, which includes access to line information database information (LIDB), Toll Free Code Routing information (800) and Local Number Portability Routing (LNP).