Directory Assistance (DA) Service - V16.0
CenturyLink offers ILECs (Independent Local Exchange Company) several Directory Assistance (DA) products that assist your end-users with obtaining local and intraLATA (Local Access and Transport Area) published and non-listed listing information. The published and non-listed telephone numbers are only those contained in CenturyLink’s DA database. CenturyLink can provide national published and non-listed listing information.
Business type search is available in all states. DA provides this information to your end-users on your behalf when the end-user dials 411, 1-411, 555-1212, 1-Local Numbering Plan Area (NPA)-555-1212, or as determined by your selected dialing pattern. CenturyLink will accept a maximum of two listing requests per call to Local or National Directory Assistance (NDA) from your end-user.
DA services include:
- Local DA service
Local DA Service
Local DA service is a voice information service provided by CenturyLink that allows your end-users to receive published and non-listed listing information within the caller's NPA or LATA geographic area, whichever is greater, in CenturyLink QC. This service is available with CenturyLink Branding, Generic Call Branding, Customized Call Branding and DA Call Completion (DACC).
CenturyLink's Local DA databases only contain published and non-listed telephone numbers obtained by:
- CenturyLink (from our own end-users)
- You (ILECs)
- Other telecommunications carriers
NDA allows your end-users to receive listings nationwide including Canada and Puerto Rico.
DA service is available throughout CenturyLink QC.
Terms and Conditions
CenturyLink will perform DA services in accordance with operating methods, practices and standards in effect for all end-users. CenturyLink will respond to your end-user calls to CenturyLink DA services using the same call handling priority used to respond to CenturyLink end-user calls. Calls to CenturyLink DA services are handled on a first come, first serve basis.
CenturyLink will provide DA service to you per your Directory Assistance Services Exhibit 2 of the Infrastructure Master Services Agreement or for non-259 companies through the Directory Assistance Services Exhibit 2 Non-259. Please contact your ILEC Service Manager to obtain the proper exhibit.
ILECs must deliver their DA traffic to CenturyLink by using Operator Services (OS) or dedicated facilities that provide ANI (automatic number identification) to CenturyLink DA facilities in each LATA.
DA Service for Special Needs End-Users
CenturyLink considers the relationship between you and your end-users a private and confidential matter. CenturyLink will provide DA service to you per your Agreement and charge you for that service.
DA Call Usage
Billable DA calls appear monthly based on usage.
DACC Local and IntraLATA Usage (only applicable with dedicated facilities)
DACC charges may apply for calls completed locally and within a LATA on a monthly basis.
IntraLATA DACC calls are completed on the CenturyLink network.
There is no charge for branding.
Rates and/or applicable discounts are available in your Directory Assistance Services Exhibit 2. For non-259 companies the rates are in Directory Assistance Services Exhibit 2 Non-259.
DA Call Branding
“Call Branding” means announcing CenturyLink’s name, a generic name, or a customized name on the front end and/or back end of the Directory Assistance calls. You have the option of choosing what type of branding announcement you wish to have recorded and played at the beginning and/or end of your end-user’s calls to CenturyLink DA.
Front End Call Branding options announce CenturyLink’s name, a Generic Call Branding, or a Customized Call Branding at the beginning of the call.
Back End Call Branding options announce CenturyLink’s name, a Generic Call Branding, or a Customized Call Branding at the conclusion of the call.
Five types of DA Call Branding are available where technically feasible. Calls may be branded with CenturyLink’s Name, Generic Call Branding, or Customized Call Branding, as follows:
- CenturyLink Name Branding – announces CenturyLink’s name
- Generic Call Branding – announces no name (e.g., ‘Directory Assistance’ front end and back end
- Generic Call Branding – announces no name (e.g., ‘Local and National Directory Assistance’, which is only available on front end
- Generic Call Branding - announces ‘Your Local Telephone Company’ which is only available on the back end
- Customized Call Branding – announces your name (e.g., ABC Telephone Company – Directory Assistance (front end) and Thank you for using ABC Telephone Company (back end))
DACC service is an optional service that CenturyLink may offer that allows your end-users to connect to the requested local or intraLATA telephone number directly, using the CenturyLink intraLATA toll network, without having to dial another number. At the discretion of CenturyLink, DACC is only offered with local and intraLATA telephone numbers.
Reverse DA Service
Reverse DA service allows your end-users to obtain the name and address related to a listed telephone number. Depending upon the type of telephone number listing, your end-users may not be able to obtain the name and address due to restrictions, e.g., toll-free, non-publish, some cell/mobile listings, pagers, coin phones, second lines, etc. For non-listed telephone numbers, the address is restricted and only the name will be provided.
DA Search by Business Type
DA search by business type allows your end-users to obtain the name of a business(s) within a given locality by requesting a specific business type/category/classification, e.g., your end-user may access DA and request the name of a Dry Cleaner in the Denver area. Listings for the type of business requested will be randomly selected within the locality requested.
|End-user support 24 hours a day, 365 days per year||Ensures reliable service and support|
|Operators/Agents that are dedicated and highly skilled to serve as customer advocates||Provides end-users with professional, courteous, and accurate information and services|
|90% of all DA calls will be answered within 10 seconds||Provides a fast, but personal response to end-users inquiries|
|Front and Back End branding||Reinforces your relationship with your end-user|
|Leading edge systems and technology||Network connections that ensure survivability and uninterrupted traffic flow|
If you are requesting DA services from CenturyLink, you must have an executed MSA and Directory Assistance Services Exhibit 2 or for non-259 companies the rates are in Directory Assistance Services Exhibit 2 Non-259. You must also complete the Operator Services/Directory Assistance Questionnaire for Independent Local Exchange Carriers (ILEC).
Your Service Manager can provide you with additional assistance when completing the forms.
To order facilities you must first contact your CenturyLink service manager.
Before ordering DA service from CenturyLink, you must provide either a dedicated Operator Services (OS) trunk group or DA trunk group that provides ANI to the CenturyLink DA facilities in each LATA. The facilities must be interconnected to the CenturyLink switch. In addition, you must have a state specific OCN (Operating Company Number) in order to associate you with your dedicated trunk group.
Once the Prerequisites and Pre-Ordering steps have been completed, your CenturyLink ILEC Service Manager will work with you to begin the Implementation process.
Additions, Deletions, or Changes to Existing Services
If you are an existing ILEC and want to add new services, delete or change existing services, you must complete the Operator Services/Directory Assistance Questionnaire for Independent Local Exchange Carriers (ILEC).
Your calls can be branded with CenturyLink’s brand or a generic Call Branding or Customized Call branding if you connect to CenturyLink on dedicated facilities. Branding details are outlined above and are addressed during implementation procedures.
You should provide your individual state OCN for each state in which you do business with CenturyLink as an ILEC on one of the OS/DA Questionnaires listed above.
Your ILEC Service Manager can assist you with the implementation of DACC
Customized and Generic Call Branding Testing
CenturyLink will perform acceptance testing on customized and generic Call Branding with you, at no additional charge, to insure the branding is operational.
CenturyLink will, at your request, schedule a mutually agreeable time to perform acceptance testing in cooperation with you. If you are unable to participate in the acceptance testing or if you request that branding installation be completed without your presence, the service will be considered accepted (i.e., blind acceptance) by you.
CenturyLink branding implementation personnel will conduct preliminary testing. Testing includes the following steps:
- The CenturyLink Service Manager will inform you that the customized, promotional customized or generic call branding has been loaded and an acceptance test may be scheduled with you and the CenturyLink Service Manager.
- The CenturyLink Service Manager will contact the CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manager with the agreed upon date of the test. The CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manager will notify CenturyLink branding technical personnel.
- You, the CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manager, and branding technical personnel will place test DA calls. You may make up to two calls per test situation.
- If the front end and back end call branding meets your satisfaction, the test is completed.
- If you reject the test, the CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manager and branding technical personnel will take action to correct the situation.
- If you reject the test results, CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manager and branding technical personnel will identify the problem. The Branding Implementation Manager will notify the CenturyLink Service Manager within two business days of the expected date of resolution.
- The CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manager will inform the CenturyLink Service Manager when the problem has been resolved.
- The CenturyLink Service Manager will advise you that the problem has been resolved and set up a time for acceptance testing.
- The CenturyLink Service Manager will advise the CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manager of the acceptance test schedule. The CenturyLink Branding Implementation Manger will notify CenturyLink branding technical personnel.
- Repeat steps beginning with Step 3 above.
Trunk provisioning and facility ownership must follow CenturyLink guidelines and will be addressed during implementation.
If you encounter problems with the service, contact your CenturyLink ILEC Service Manager.
ILEC accounts are billed for DA usage out of the LEXCIS billing system, LEXCIS billing is described in Billing Information - Local Exchange Carrier Information System (LEXCIS).
CenturyLink contact information is located in Wholesale Customer Contacts.
Last Update: July 24, 2015