Billing Information - Local Exchange Carrier Invoice System (LEXCIS) - V5.0
Local Exchange Carrier Invoice System (LEXCIS) is an on-line billing system for products and services billed under contract or negotiated agreements to Facility Based Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLECs) and others.
Some of the products and services billed by LEXCIS are:
- Directory Assistance (DA)
- Directory Listings
- Operator Services
- Unbundled InterNetwork Calling Name (ICNAM)
- 800 DataBase Query Service
LEXCIS billing is available throughout Legacy Qwest's 14-state local service territory.
If you are a new CLEC and are ready to do business with CenturyLink™, view Getting Started as a Facility-Based CLEC. If you are an existing CLEC wishing to amend your Interconnection Agreement or New Customer Questionnaire, you can find additional information in the Interconnection Agreement.
LEXCIS invoices are generated on a monthly basis. You may receive only one statement per month for your LEXCIS billed products and/or services. This invoice contains products and/or services you purchase from CenturyLink.
You may receive your LEXCIS billing one of two ways:
- Paper - A paper LEXCIS invoice is generated which contains the products and/or services and the amount for each billable item and mailed to you. A supporting Monthly Detail Report that details the charges is also generated and mailed to you.
- Automated - The LEXCIS invoice is generated and includes the quantities, rates, and descriptions of your products and/or services. In addition a pay stub will be sent to you for the return of your payment. This automated invoice is sent to you via email.
General dispute process activities are described in the Billing Information - Dispute Process.
Local CenturyLink 101 "Doing Business With CenturyLink"
- This introductory web-based training course is designed to teach the Local CLEC and Local Reseller how to do business with CenturyLink. It will provide a general overview of products and services, CenturyLink billing and support systems, processes for submitting service requests, reports, and web resource access information. Click here to learn more about this course and to register.
View additional CenturyLink courses by clicking on Course Catalog.
If you have questions, you should call the telephone number provided on the Face Page of your LEXCIS bill or your Billing SDC. You can also contact your assigned CenturyLink Service Manager for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This section is being compiled based on your feedback.
Last Update: August 8, 2011