Digital Switched Service (DSS)
This self-directed, web-based course provides you with knowledge of CenturyLink™ Digital Switched Service (DSS). You will learn how DSS works and about the options available.
Digital Switched Service is a digital interface that provides PBX users with switched access from the customers PBX to CenturyLink's central office. DSS is the service that rides on the DSS/DS1 digital facility between the customer site and the central office switch.
For information about creating and submitting a service request, please review the Wholesale ASR Private Line training.
Upon completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Describe the function of DSS
- Describe the three configurations for DSS
- Configure sample DSS solutions
- Identify hardware and software requirements
- Describe how DSS integrates with other products
- Basic Telephony course and/or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of Digital technologies
- Local CenturyLink 101 "Doing Business with CenturyLink"
- Digital Data Service
- PBX Trunks