CenturyLink offers Collocation services to allow you to co-locate at a CenturyLink premises for the purpose of obtaining access to Unbundled Network Elements (UNEs) or other telecommunication services.
CenturyLink has years of experience installing, maintaining, and cross-connecting facilities in 18 states. CenturyLink offers an environment conducive to telecommunications equipment in its central offices.
Using CenturyLink Collocation services, you may:
- Avoid capital investment expenditures.
- Get to market quicker than building your own facilities.
- Access CenturyLink Unbundled Network Elements or other telecommunications services.
Features & Benefits
- Shortened time to market - allows you to expand your network using existing real estate.
- Lower capital expenditures - reduces cost to market.
- Minimum space requirements - allows you to lease in single bay increments.
- Multiple connection levels available - (Voice/DS0, DS1, DS3, and Optical) - meets your current and future needs.
- Broad geographic coverage - allows you to expand your market within CenturyLink territories.
- Access to CenturyLink unbundled loops - allows you to gain access to Unbundled Network Elements (UNEs) or other telecom services.
CenturyLink Collocation services provide space within CenturyLink premises, enabling you to co-locate. Two types of collocation are offered -- physical collocation and virtual collocation.
Physical collocation arrangement - You lease space for your equipment. This space may have a security enclosure (Caged Physical Collocation) or may be unsecured (Cageless Physical Collocation). You order the appropriate cross-connects to connect your equipment to other services to access Unbundled Network Elements (UNEs) or other telecom services. You supply cabling pulled by CenturyLink from a manhole or other designated interconnection point, through the vault, riser, and conduit space and up to your collocation space. You are responsible for maintaining the collocated equipment.
Virtual collocation arrangement - You provide your equipment and CenturyLink will maintain it. You order the appropriate cross-connects to connect your equipment to UNEs or telecom services. You meet CenturyLink at a manhole or other designated interconnection point. This interconnection point defines the physical demarcation point between your facilities and CenturyLink facilities. CenturyLink will provide cabling and conduit from this interconnection point to your virtual collocation point within the CenturyLink premises. Virtual collocation is only offered when physical collocation space is exhausted.
Collocation may consist of one or more of the following -- floor space, security enclosure, AC power, DC power, cabling, conduit space, vault space, riser space and cross connects. Cross-connects are offered at DS0, DS1, DS3 and Optical levels. Installation and maintenance may also apply.
- CenturyLink Collocation services allow you to co-locate at CenturyLink premises for the purposes of interconnecting and providing services.
- CenturyLink Collocation services allow you access to Unbundled Network Elements (UNEs) or other telecommunications services.
- CenturyLink Collocation services allow you the option to avoid leasing or building elsewhere.