Intercept Services - V19.0
CenturyLink™ Intercept Service, also known as Transfer of Calls (TC) directs your end-user to an automated operator to supply a message when they place a telephone call to a disconnected, changed, or unassigned telephone number . The intercept message informs the calling party why the call could not be completed and, if applicable gives the new telephone number of where the call can be completed. CenturyLink Intercept Service, also known as Transfer of Calls (TC) provides new number or explanatory information to callers dialing a disconnected, changed, or unassigned telephone number. Messages are delivered by an automated operator.
CenturyLink offers the following types of Intercept Services:
- Basic Intercept Service:
- Machine Intercept Service is an automated message provided on a disconnected telephone number without a referral to another telephone number. A recording states that the number has been disconnected or is no longer in service.
- No Referral Intercept Service is an automated message on a
disconnected number without a referral to another telephone
number and may provide additional information (i.e. the number
has been changed to a non-published or non-listed number). The
type of recording is based on the information you provide to
CenturyLink via the Local Service Request (LSR) entries.
- New Number Referral Service provides an automated message stating the number has been disconnected or changed and the new referral telephone number is provided. The type of recording is based on the information you provide to CenturyLink via the LSR.
- Split Referral Intercept Service provides for calls to the disconnected number to be routed to an automated operator who will provide the new number information. CenturyLink will allow up to four names in the Split Referral Intercept Service. There may be an instance where a referral number is not available for one of the names in the Split Transfer request. To order Split Number Referral Service when this condition exists, you must follow certain order entry requirements as listed in the LSOG.
- Veterans Benefit Act of 2010 - This Veterans Act Referral allows military service personnel who are deployed outside of their home phone service area to retain their phone numbers for up to three (3) years and three (3) months (1185 days). To order Basic Intercept Service when this condition exists, you must follow certain order entry requirements. The recording for this service will be the standard recording that states that the number has been disconnected or is no longer in service.
Intercept Service is available, where facilities exist, throughout CenturyLink QC
|Intercept Service||Services Available|
|Basic Intercept Service||
|New Number Referral Service||
|Split Referral Intercept Service||
Terms and ConditionsOn ported numbers, Intercept Services is only available on a total disconnect of service.
There are no refunds or adjustments for early removal of an intercept message.
Technical PublicationsTechnical Publications do not apply to Intercept Services.
Rates and/or applicable discounts are available in Exhibit A or the specific rate sheet in your Interconnection or Resale Agreement.
Tariffs, Regulations and Policies
Tariffs, regulations and policies are located in the state specific Tariffs/Catalogs/Price Lists.
|Intercept Services offer a wide range of benefits.||
If you are a new CLEC and are ready to do business with CenturyLink, view Getting Started as a Facility-Based CLEC or Getting Started as a Reseller. If you are an existing CLEC wishing to amend your Interconnection Agreement or Customer Questionnaire, additional information is located in the Interconnection Agreement.
General pre-ordering activities are described in the Pre-Ordering Overview.
Service requests should be placed using Interconnect Mediated Access (IMA) Extensible Markup Language (XML).
IMA Graphical User Interface (GUI), or faxed to (888) 796-9089.
General ordering activities are described in the Ordering Overview.
Intercept service requests are submitted using the following LSOG forms, as applicable:
- Local Service Request (LSR)
- Centrex Resale Services (CRS)
- Centrex Resale Service Split (CRSS)
- End User (EU)
- Loop Service (LS)
- Loop Service Number Portability (LSNP)
- Number Portability (NP)
- Port Services (PS)
- Resale Services (RS)
- Resale Service Split (RSS)
Field entry requirements are described in the LSOG.
Split Number Referral Service Exception
Split Number Referral Service can still be requested when one of the Split Number parties does not have a new referral number.
When requesting Split Number Referral Service for this condition, the following fields must be populated on the Local Service Request (LSR):
- Enter a Y (Yes) in the MH (Manual Handle) field on the LSR form
- Enter a T (Split Transfer of Calls) in the TC OPT (Transfer of Call Option) field
- Enter a telephone number in the TC TO PRI (Transfer of Calls to Primary Number) field
- Enter the value of 70 in the TCID (Transfer of Calls to Identifier) field
- Enter a name value in the TC NAME (Transfer of Calls to Name) field
- Enter a place holder telephone number (000-000-0000) in the TC TO SEC (Transfer of Calls to Secondary Number) field
- Enter the same value of 70 in the second TCID (Transfer of Calls to Identifier) field
- Enter a name value in the second TC NAME (Transfer of Calls to Name) field
- Enter a date value in the TC PER (Transfer of Calls Period) field (The TC PER entry should reflect the date that the transfer of calls or intercept is to be removed and the standard recorded announcement is to be provided. This entry should be a future date.)
Veteran's Act Referral Service
When requesting Veteran's Act Referral Service, the following fields must be populated on the Local Service Request (LSR):
- Enter a Y (Yes) in the MH (Manual Handle) field on the LSR form
- In the REMARKs field, enter "Military deployment - hold TN for (enter period of time necessary up to 1185 days, or 3 years and 3 months)"
Provisioning and Installation
General provisioning and installation activities are described in the Provisioning and Installation Overview.
Maintenance and Repair
General maintenance and repair activities are described in the Maintenance and Repair Overview.
If you have changes to existing Intercept Services or would like to request Intercept Services on a disconnected number, contact the Customer Service Inquiry and Education (CSIE) Center Service Representative.
Once a telephone number is disconnected, a CSIE Representative must determine that the number is available for intercept and has not been reassigned to another end-user. If the number is available, the CSIE Representative will take the steps necessary to establish the Intercept and it should be available in approximately 24 hours.
Customer Records and Information System (CRIS) billing is described in Billing Information Customer Records and Information System (CRIS).
View CenturyLink courses in the Course Catalog.
If you have changes to existing Intercept or would like to request Intercept on a disconnected number, contact the CSIE Service Request Order Processing Section.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Last Update: February 13, 2015