Private Line Transport
Scalable Bandwidth Transport, Fiber Optic SONET Reliability
CenturyLink Private Line services are securely transported through dedicated, end-to-end facilities with the benefit of a single point of contact for service and support on Local, Domestic and Global SoNET network, providing you a complete service solution.
Features and Benefits
Private Line Transport is available from CenturyLink’s robust 190,000 national route mile network. Private Line Transport saves money by consolidating Voice, Data, Video and Internet channels onto one dedicated high-speed channel which is scalable to meet your growth needs. Network reliability is inherent at 99.999%, which virtually eliminates downtime with 24/7/365 network monitoring and management.
Solutions for Wholesale customers could include:
- IXC – Reach to locations for access to POPs and IXC end user customer locations. Some long-haul transport eroded by use of collocation/floor space lease arrangements.
- Wireless – DS1 backhaul facilities to tower locations and customer designated POP’s.
- CLECs – Ordered when UNEs are not available and/or not regulated.
- EUs – Business Markets customers order from Special Access tariffs routinely.
- ISP – Primarily interested in connections for their customer locations.
Private Line Transport uses optical network technology for transmission of various speeds for basic voice, data, video, either as dedicated point-to-point arrangements or multiplexed services, which includes:
- DS3 (45 Mbps)
- DS1 (1.544 Mbps)
- Voice Grade
- Digital Data
- Program Audio
Optional Features available include High Capacity and Voice Grade Multiplexing, Clear Channel Capability and Extended Superframe Formating. Video and Audio services are both available on a full-time or per event basis.
How to Get Started
For more information on Private Line Transport, contact your CenturyLink CenturyLink Sales Representative.