IP Voice 1+ Termination
Your Ideal IP Voice Termination Provider
CenturyLink™'s expertise in both broadband and telephony make CenturyLink an ideal company to provide you with Internet Protocol (IP) Voice 1+ Termination services. CenturyLink'sIP Voice 1+ Termination service is a cost-effective way for you to terminate telephone calls to over 250 countries while taking advantage of IP technology. CenturyLink™ IP Voice 1+ Termination service provides an IP-based connection for voice traffic exchange with other service providers. Once connected to CenturyLink's OC-192 network, with over 1,700 access points and over 16,000 routes, you will benefit from soft switch technology that achieves quality comparable to the public switched telephone network (PSTN).
How It Works
Traditionally, long distance (LD) providers convert IP voice traffic to time division multiplex (TDM) and hand the traffic to their LD provider for termination. In many instances, the LD provider then converts that traffic back to IP to traverse their LD network, converts the traffic once again to TDM and terminates the call. With CenturyLink IP Voice 1+ Termination, you can hand your IP voice traffic directly to CenturyLink. CenturyLink will transport the IP voice call streams across its OC-192 MPLS network and terminate the calls to the PSTN. No longer will you need to purchase or manage the gateways necessary to make these conversions – CenturyLink does it all! First, your IP voice traffic traverses the CenturyLink IP transport to the Session Border Controller (SBC).
The SBC provides the necessary firewall protection to give your traffic an additional level of protection on CenturyLink's IP voice infrastructure. CenturyLink's media gateways terminate your IP voice calls to the TDM circuit-switched network. Calls are terminated either domestically or internationally to the PSTN via TDM.
- OCN-based and class-type pricing structures offer facilities-based providers significant value opportunity through your choice of billing granularity
- OCN-based pricing allows facilities-based providers to better manage their network routing costs
- Bill reconciliation is easier with a finer level of detail on both the invoice summary and monthly call detail records (CDRs)
- IP Voice automatically supports Outbound 8xx
- Comprehensive North American LATA coverage
- Reduce your capital expenditures by using a scalable single point of access with CenturyLink Dedicated Internet Access, or by delivering traffic across the public Internet instead of using costly TDM trunks and managing multiple IP/TDM gateways
Quality and Security
- With dedicated internet access, CenturyLink's IP voice infrastructure provides quality and service levels comparable to the PSTN
- 24x7x365 network monitoring and management enables real-time troubleshooting while enhancing network uptime
- Advanced network firewall protection using the SBC to provide IP address security and fraud protection
- CenturyLink can terminate traffic in over 250 countries through both landline and mobile terminations
Ease of Use
- CenturyLink can be your single provider for both traditional long distance as well as IP Voice 1+ Termination
- Connection Types: Connect to CenturyLink's network using a DS-1 to OC-48 dedicated data circuit. Providers collocated in a CenturyLink point of presence (PoP) location may connect via an Ethernet cross-connect. Service providers may also connect via the public Internet*
- Protocol: SIP
- Codec:G.711, ulaw, G.711 alaw, G.729A and G.729AB
- FAX: Standard fax and T.38 with G.711 or G.729
- RFC2833 and SIP info: Supported for G.729 only
How to Get Started
For more information on CenturyLink IP Voice 1+ Termination service, contact your CenturyLink Sales Representative.
*CenturyLink does not provide service level agreements or quality of service guarantees for traffic connected across the public Internet.