Commercial CenturyLink Voice Messaging Services (VMS) with – Wholesale Local Voice (WLV) - V1.0
CenturyLink Voice Messaging Service (VMS) is available with compatible Wholesale Local Voice (WLV) services. VMS with (WLV) provides voice mailbox service functionally equivalent to the CenturyLink Retail business and residential VMS offerings. For information on VMS functionality and operability refer to CenturyLink Voice Messaging Residence and CenturyLink Business Voice Messaging Service General Information
The following VMS mailboxes are available with WLV:
- Listen Only Mailbox - Business Only
- Mailbox Only- Residence Only
- Transfer Mailbox (Mailbox Only) - Residence and Business
- Voice Mail Mailbox - Business Only
The following VMS features and services are also available:
- Additional Message Capacity - 50/100 Residence and Business adds a capacity of 50 or 100 additional messages to a voice mailbox.
NOTE: Additional Message Capacity - 100 Residence and Business (USOC VMC2X) was grandparented in all states effective August 8, 2005.
- Extension Mailbox - Residence and Business allows three extensions to be added to the main mailbox. Callers can then leave general messages in the main mailbox or private messages in individual extension mailboxes.
- Message Notification - Residence and Business programs the voice messaging to notify a pager or telephone number when a message is received.
- Scheduled Greetings - Business Only automatically changes the end-user's greeting according to an end-user determined schedule. For example, plays one greeting during open hours and another during closed hours.
- Routers allow the end-user to program a main greeting that directs callers to leave a message for different people or departments. The BVMS offers two types of routers:
You must determine and order features that are available, serve the end-user's needs, and are compatible with the end-user's equipment.
The following standard features are automatically provisioned with VMS mailboxes serving residential end-users: Autoplay, Call Sender, and Check Receipt. For feature descriptions refer to CenturyLink Voice Messaging.
Complete instructions on setup and operation of Voice Messaging Service can be found in the Voice Messaging User Guide.
CenturyLink Easy Access (SQAV2), is an Advanced Intelligent Network (AIN) product that allows end-users the option of dialing an abbreviated dialing code (*98) to speed dial the pre-programmed retrieval number of their Voice Mail Response Unit. This product has neither a recurring nor nonrecurring rate and will be automatically provisioned when you request CenturyLink VMS with Message Delivery Service (MDS) mailbox on WLV Business, WLV Residential. CenturyLink will automatically add the SQAV2 USOC to the line whether or not you add the USOC to the RS or CRS form. For additional information, refer to CenturyLink Easy Access.Availability
CenturyLink VMS is available in CenturyLink QC with compatible WLV services provided to residential and/or business end-users. VMS packages are not available.
VMS availability is dependent on the capabilities of each serving CenturyLink CO switch. You may determine availability for each switch by using the following resources:
- The EASE-LSR Graphic User Interface (GUI) Pre-Order functions. For instructions on how to check optional feature availability, refer to the pre-order section of the EASE-LSR User's Guide.
- The BVMS Lookup Table provides Business VMS availability, Call Forwarding, and Retrieval Numbers.
USOCs and FIDs are described in the Universal Service Order Codes (USOCs) and Field IDentifiers (FIDs) Overview. Additional information can be found in the Pre-Ordering Overview.Terms and Conditions
WLV services are provided under terms and conditions and rates of a Commercial Agreement. You may convert existing CenturyLink retail, resale or WLV services with CenturyLink VMS to WLV-Business, WLV Residential, WLV PBX Analog (non-DID trunks) and WLV Centrex with VMS if those mailbox types are available as described above.
PricingRate Structure Monthly Recurring Charges (MRCs) and Non-Recurring Charges (NRCs) apply to CenturyLink VMS with WLV. The Subsequent Order NRC, USOC NHCUU or NHCVQ, is applicable in all states, on a per order basis, when changes are requested to existing service, including adding, changing, or removing VMS. Rates
Retail rates can be found in the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) or state specific Tariffs/Catalogs/Price Lists.
Tariffs, Regulations and Policies
CenturyLink VMS tariffs, regulations, and policies are located in state specific Tariffs/Catalogs/Price Lists. CenturyLink retail/resale VMS promotions are not available with WLV.Ordering
For ordering information refer to the specific CenturyLink VMS PCATs referenced above in the Product Description.
Last Update: October 29, 2020
Last Reviewed: October 19, 2023