We're sorry to lose you as a customer, but we understand that sometimes things happen and changes need to be made.
Since customers cancel their services for a variety of reasons, maybe one or more of these situations pertain to you...?
Is your bill too high? BUNDLE to save money.
We offer discounts when you buy two or more of our products. And, for some products, we can lock in the current price for a period of time -- weeks, months or even years -- so you don't have to worry about budgeting for rate increases. These things can help you save money on your bill. Check our current bundle offers to see what fits your lifestyle.
If you signed up for service at a discount and that discount's about ready to expire, new promotions are often available. Start a free account review to see if you qualify for current Internet, television, phone or wireless promotions.
Moving to a new home? TRANSFER your service.
Instead of setting up a whole new account, you can transfer your existing service to your new home. It's a lot easier and quicker option than setting up everything from scratch.
You don't have to put down a new deposit, commit a new billing date to memory, set up another My Account profile, re-enroll in AutoPay or recreate most anything you already happily have in place. Plus, it's a great time to make any changes to your service that you've been meaning to do but haven't gotten around to. Also, you can ask what new specials, promotions or bundle discounts are available.
Going away for a long while? SUSPEND your service temporarily.
If you're going to be away, you don't have to cancel your service. You can temporarily suspend it instead. This puts your phone, Internet and/or television service on hold until you're ready to use them again, which is a lot easier than cancelling and re-installing them. You also typically pay a reduced rate for services that are on hold, and in most cases, you don't have to pay to turn them back on.
Other advantages to going this route include:
- Your telephone number is reserved.
- You can keep (and use) your email address.
- You don't have to return your equipment and can keep it in your home.
- Your saved DVR content remains undisturbed and ready for your return.
Are you frustrated with your service? TROUBLESHOOT it!
If you've got to go, CANCEL your service.
To remove services or close your account, call 800-201-4099 between 8 am - 7 pm, Monday through Friday, or 9 am - 2 pm on Saturday.
To remove services or close your account, call 800-244-1111 between 8 am - 6 pm, Monday through Friday.
Removing services -- or cancelling your account entirely -- may make you wonder: if you can keep your bundled discount, how to get your deposit back, and/or what to do about AutoPay.
- Bundles -- If some, or all, of your services are part of a bundle and you cancel one (or more) services, the standard, monthly fee will apply to each remaining service.
- Deposits -- If you were required to make a deposit when you set up your CenturyLink service, your deposit and any interest will be applied to your final balance. We'll send you a closing bill showing the status of your account. If there's a credit, we'll mail you a check with your bill. (To update your mailing address, sign in to My Account or chat with us.) If there's a balance, you'll see the amount that still needs to be paid.