If you don’t have access to the specific codes for your devices, brand code search is another option to program your remote. Like auto-programming, brand code search allows you to look for a specific device code using your remote. The difference here is you will need to know the brand code of your device or look it up online.
- Make sure the device you want to pair is powered on and that the remote has working batteries in it.
- Press and hold the appropriate device button.
- While continuing to hold the device button, press and hold the power button on the remote. The power button should light up.
- Release the power and device buttons at the same time. The device should remain on. If not, repeat the previous steps.
- Using the universal remote's number pad, enter the brand code.
- Press and release the power button on the remote a few times until the device turns off.
- Once the device turns off, press the stop button to save the code. If the device you’re connecting to does not turn off, you’ll need to try another programming method or verify that you’re using the correct brand code.
No matter which option you choose, remember to check that your remote has batteries before you start programming. And, make sure you can point your universal remote at the device you’re connecting to; otherwise, you won’t be able to program your remote. For more help with devices or services, check out CenturyLink’s television support page.