Common 3-Way Calling problems
People enjoy this calling feature because it makes talking with multiple people easy. If you want to use 3-Way Calling but have problems getting it to work, try these suggestions.
- Make sure your phone is set to TONE, not PULSE. Many phones have a physical P/T switch located on the side, bottom or back of the unit. If you don't see a physical switch, go into the phone's setup menu and look for the P/T settings.
- Try calling from another phone. If you can get the feature to work from a different phone, then the problem is most likely with your equipment.
- If you're calling from/to a pay phone, hotel, motel or prison, this feature will not work.
- This feature will not work if you're trying to use it simultaneously with Call Transfer or Call Waiting.
- 3-Way Calling can be blocked. If it's blocked on your line, you won't be able to get it to work, until you have the block removed. (Note: We'll need to remove the block for you, but there's no charge for us to do this.)
- Read the instructions for this feature and confirm you're using it correctly.
Tip: If you DO NOT want to use this feature, but inadvertently keep triggering it, be extra careful to hold down the hang-up button for at least 2 seconds between calls.
If you're using this calling feature correctly and can't figure out why it's not working, there might be something wrong with your account. For assistance, chat with us. We're here to help!