How to pay your Verizon Wireless bill
It's easy to pay your Verizon Wireless bill, but how you do it depends how your billing is setup. Do you get one bill with both your Verizon Wireless and CenturyLink services on it, or do you get two bills -- one from Verizon Wireless for your wireless service and one from CenturyLink?
One bill for both companies
If you're a CenturyLink customer and have Verizon Wireless service, you may be eligible for combined billing. With a combined bill, your Verizon Wireless charges appear as part of you CenturyLink bill (example). You pay for both services at the same time and CenturyLink policies govern when and how you pay your bill.
For help understanding how to pay your CenturyLink bill, look at these articles:
- Different ways to pay your bill
- Methods accepted for bill payment (video)
- How to find your account balance
- How long it takes to process your payment
- Making a partial payment
- If your payment is late
- Tour the CenturyLink bill (video)
Note: If receiving a single bill for both services interests you, chat with us or see if combined billing is available in your area and if you qualify. You may also be eligible for monthly bundle discounts on qualifying CenturyLink services.
Separate bill from each company
While we sell Verizon's wireless service, Verizon manages your account and service. Unless you've signed up for combined billing with us, you receive a separate bill from Verizon for your wireless service -- and their policies govern when and how you pay.
For help understanding how to pay your Verizon bill, start with these links:
- How do I pay my bill online?
- Where do I send my payment?
- How do I find payment locations?
- How do I make payment arrangements?
- How do I confirm Verizon received my payment?
- How do I dispute a charge on my bill?
- What should I expect on my first bill?
- What are the partial charges on my bill?
If you're wondering how your Verizon bill is calculated, you can find details here:
- What is the difference between peak and off-peak airtime?
- How are per-minute charges calculated?
- Who is charged when a mobile phone calls another mobile phone?
- Why does the airtime on my bill not match the airtime from my phone's timer?
- Am I charged airtime when I check my voice mail messages from my mobile phone?
- If my call is dropped or disconnected, how am I charged?
- Will I incur long distance charges if I receive a call while roaming?
Of course, you can always contact Verizon Wireless directly. Their contact us page includes options for chatting online as well as speaking with live people.