How to report damage to a telephone pole, wire or cable

If a damaged telephone pole, wire, cable or pedestal is affecting your phone service, call us at (800) 573-1311 to report the problem.

Tell us about the situation

When you speak with the repair agent, you will be asked:

  • Your name and telephone number
  • Which services are affected -- telephone, Internet
  • How the services are affected -- noisy, no dial tone

It will be helpful if you can also provide:

  • Address, directions and/or landmarks to damaged equipment
  • Identifying numbers or marks on damaged equipment 
  • Description of equipment (Is the wire smaller or larger than a pencil?)
  • Cause of damage -- termites, lightning strike, car crash, tree limb, construction
    • Person/company responsible (if applicable) 
  • Description of damage -- leaning pole, drooping/cut wire, equipment missing door
  • When damage likely occurred -- days, weeks, months
  • Any other information -- emergency personnel on scene, additional damage imminent

If you need equipment relocated

If you need a CenturyLink pole or pedestal/terminal moved, contact us and provide the following information:

  • Your name and telephone number
  • Your service address
  • Best way to reach you
  • Type of move request -- pole, pedestal/terminal
  • Reason for move -- installing a driveway, new construction

Once your move request has been submitted, someone will follow up with you within 5 business days to discuss what you need done and any associated fees.

Troubleshoot problems with your phone or internet service