1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
3. Log in to your modem's online settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Administrator Username and Administrator Password. Unless you have changed the default settings, you can find this information on the sticker on the bottom of the C4000.
4. Select "Wireless Setup" from the main settings menu.
5. Make a note of your wireless network name (SSID) and password (security key), as you will need these later.
6. Next, go the Modem Status menu from the C4000 main page and select "Device Table."
7. In the Device Table, select the device named CTLAP and record the IP address (it will look similar to the sample, "192.168.0.5").
8. Now, enter that IP address (for CTLAP) into your web browser. This will bring you to the settings portal for the Actiontec G.Hn extender (AP Configuration). Enter the Admin Username and Admin Password found on the label on the side of your G.Hn WiFi Extender.
9. From the G.Hn settings main page, select the Wireless Setup option.
10. Update the network name (SSID) with the one you recorded in step 5 from the C4000.
11. Finally, select "Use Custom Security Key/Passphrase" and enter the one recorded in step 5.
12. Select "Apply" to save your changes.
Intel WiFi 6 Gig+ is the next generation in-home WiFi technology, designed for the ever-increasing demand of connected homes and gigabit connections. Compared to WiFi 5, it delivers:
WiFi 6 also includes embedded cybersecurity, managed network services and parental controls.
This feature is available with the Greenwave C4000 modem/router.