Secure WiFi puts you in the driver's seat of your network. Access all the features from the My CenturyLink website or app.
Important Note: Secure WiFi is available on modem models C1100, C3000A, C3000Z and C4000 leased from CenturyLink.
To access the Secure WiFi tools in the app, click on the Internet box from your home screen. Alternately, you can click on My Services on the menu at the bottom of every screen. Both options are shown in the first image below.
On the Internet screen, scroll down to find a list of connected devices after the list of WiFi networks, as shown on the image above.
You can sort the list of connected devices to view by network connection or device type.
Click on whichever device you'd like to manage.
You can do a few things with the individual devices connected to your network:
You can get to your groups two different ways:
1. The Internet screen displays a Device Groups section below the list of connected devices. From this section, you can click on an existing group to manage it, pause all groups, or create a group.
2. Any Device Details screen will show an option to add the device to a group or manage groups, as shown in the image above.
Option 1 to access Device Groups
For any group on your network, you have these options:
You can block websites based on their content for any group of devices connected to your network. Select the group you want to manage, then scroll down on the Group Details screen to find the Block Web Content section. Select "Manage blocked content."
All devices in this group will have the same web content permissions until you change them.
You can create schedules to control internet access for a group of devices. The schedule is for the times that access is allowed, and the group will not have access outside the scheduled times.
Go to the Group Details screen and tap on "Manage access schedule."
Add a new schedule:
1. Tap on "Add a schedule" at the top of the Schedule Access screen.
2. Select the days of the week you want to allow internet access for this group.
3. Select the start and end times to allow access on those days.
4. Tap "Save."
You can also edit or delete an existing schedule by tapping the pencil or the trash can.
Curious about where anti-virus protection comes into play? What about guests? Find answers here.
Was this page helpful?