Is "Change My WiFi Password" not appearing on the app?
If this option isn't appearing in your app, here are a few things you can try:
Go to your app store, download any available updates on the CenturyLink app, then try again.
Check to make sure the modem is fully plugged in and getting power.
Use the "Test My Service" link within the app to run a troubleshooter that can check for network issues.
Reboot the modem through the app or by manually unplugging it, waiting a full minute, and plugging it back in.
If rebooting doesn't work, call or chat to have a service agent help you further troubleshoot the issue.
NOTE: Depending on your model, your modem's user interface may appear slightly different from the images below.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
You can find the Admin Username and Password printed on the sticker attached to the side, back or bottom of the modem.
4. Select the Wireless Setup icon in the main menu.
5. If given a choice, select 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. If you have both WiFi frequencies enabled, you should repeat steps 5-10 to change the WiFi password for both networks (you may use the same password for both if you want). Don't worry if you don't see the frequency options, as not all modems have this feature.
6. Select "Wireless Security" in the menu on the left.
7. Select the name of your wireless network (SSID). You can find the SSID printed on the modem sticker.
8. Your Security Type is printed on the modem's sticker.
The Encryption Type should be set to "Both."
If prompted to give the Authentication Type, choose "Open."
9. To change your password, select "Use Custom Security Key/Passphrase" and type in your new password.
10. Select "Apply" to save your changes, and you're done! Remember, you'll need to enter this new password on all of your devices to reconnect to your wireless network.
If you are prompted to choose 64 bits or 128 bits, follow these guidelines:
64 bits: Enter 10 characters*
128 bits: Enter 26 characters*
* Characters can only contain letters between A-F and numbers between 0-9 with no spaces.
In all other cases, your custom password must:
Be between 8 and 63 characters long
Contain at least one number from 0 to 9
Contain at least one letter from A to Z
Note: The space character can be used (but is not required)
Helpful hint: If you lose or forget your password, you can always log back in to the Wireless Security menu and choose "Use Default" for the password. This will change it back to the original one printed on the modem sticker.