Secure WiFi lets you control when your kids can get online and the content they can access. You can set up parental controls from My CenturyLink online or in the app.
Important Note: Secure WiFi is available on modem models C1100, C3000A, C3000Z and C4000 leased from CenturyLink.
Once you've created a group and added devices to it, you can control each group in the following ways:
You can get to your groups two different ways:
1. The Internet screen displays a Device Groups section, under the list of connected devices. From this section, you can click on an existing group to manage it, pause all groups, or create a group (see screenshot).
2. Any Device Details screen shows an option to add the device to a group or manage groups.
3. Select "Create a group" and give it a name.
4. Add the devices you want to control to that group.
Option 1 to access Device Groups
You can pause or unpause internet access for all devices in a group with the tap of a finger. There are two ways to do this:
1. Pause ALL groups from the Device Groups section of the home screen (see image above).
2. Select one group from the Device Groups list and then tap the "Pause" or "Resume" button from the Group Details screen.
You can block websites based on their content for any group of devices. Tap on the group name from the Group Details screen then scroll down to find the Block Web Content section and tap "Manage blocked content."
1. Select the content categories you want to block for this group. Tap the category again to unblock it.
2. Tap the "Save" button.
All devices in this group will have the same web content permissions until you change them.
You can create schedules to give a group of devices internet access. The schedule will give the group access TO the internet, and the group will not have access outside the scheduled time.
Go to the Group Details screen and tap on "Manage access schedule" to get started.
Add a new schedule:
1. Tap on the "Add a schedule" button at the top of the Schedule Access screen.
2. Select the days of the week you want to ALLOW internet access for this group.
3. Select the start and end time for those days.
4. Tap on the "Save" button.
You can also edit or delete an existing schedule by tapping the pencil or the trash can.
Curious about where anti-virus protection comes into play? What about guests? Find answers here.
Was this page helpful?